Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 09:38   #1

Boat: 40 Caliber LRC
Spectra Watermaker

I am looking for a good used Spectra Ventura Watermaker

Bob
Old 02-02-2011, 09:54   #2

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Good luck. I was doing a search a few days ago and everyone wants a high price for even old ones. It seems best to just buy new and start fresh.
Other mfgr's are about 2K lower but they are not as efficient.

I found one in FL on craigslist.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:01   #3

Boat: seawind II Patience
DCGSAILING or something like that had one I think day or so ago.marc
Old 03-02-2011, 04:40   #4

Boat: 40 Caliber LRC
I did reply to that thread. Already sold. I am heading to the Miami Show in a few weeks. I plan on spending some time with the Spectra people.

I new one is probably the best bet, however, as we all know, preparing a vessel for departure is an expensive venture. As we say at the marina, "remember, it's a boat."

Bob
Old 03-02-2011, 05:06   #5
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnjpinz View Post
I did reply to that thread. Already sold. I am heading to the Miami Show in a few weeks. I plan on spending some time with the Spectra people.

I new one is probably the best bet, however, as we all know, preparing a vessel for departure is an expensive venture. As we say at the marina, "remember, it's a boat."

Bob
Hi Bob,
Looks like you will be spending time with me at the Miami Strictly Sail show. Just introduce yourself and ask for me J.T. and tell me your from CF. I take care of all my customers but CF members always get the VIP treatment. If you do decide to buy a Ventura 150 at the show, no pressure at all. I'll make sure you get a better than advertised crusing kit thrown in.
J.T. (aka Tellie)
Old 03-02-2011, 05:21   #6

Boat: seawind II Patience
I had a spectra on the last,great unit,customer service is outstanding.marc ps there is a katydn on either l&a or seaknots.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:54   #7

Boat: 48' Hi Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellie View Post
Hi Bob,
Looks like you will be spending time with me at the Miami Strictly Sail show. Just introduce yourself and ask for me J.T. and tell me your from CF. I take care of all my customers but CF members always get the VIP treatment. If you do decide to buy a Ventura 150 at the show, no pressure at all. I'll make sure you get a better than advertised crusing kit thrown in.
J.T. (aka Tellie)
I can vouch for J.T. We got great advice and service and a good deal on our Spectra Cape Horn Extreme. Thanks again, J.T.!
Old 03-02-2011, 17:59   #8
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorgal View Post
I can vouch for J.T. We got great advice and service and a good deal on our Spectra Cape Horn Extreme. Thanks again, J.T.!

...and you young lady!
I haven't heard form you guys in a long while. What's going on? Have you left yet?
Old 03-02-2011, 18:38   #9

Boat: 48' Hi Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellie View Post
...and you young lady!
I haven't heard form you guys in a long while. What's going on? Have you left yet?
We're planning our shakedown cruise for the middle of this month and if nothing breaks down, we'll head south soon after that.

We just put in some new water tanks to hold that nice watermaker water. Our stainless steel tanks were starting to leak, so that has held up our departure a little longer.
Old 03-02-2011, 18:45   #10

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnjpinz View Post
I am heading to the Miami Show in a few weeks. I plan on spending some time with the Spectra people.

Bob
See ya there.

Bring your money and give it to tellie for the one he recommends and you will never regret it!

I will be stopping by to tell tellie "thanks again". (I already have a Spectra) And tellie was invaluable on my delivery trip from Stuart to Hudson in 09. And after with questions...well, answers really.

Sometimes I think it would be worth the extra Spectra charges just to have a "tellie" to call.

Unbelievably good guy.

Tags
watermaker