Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 19:58   #1

Boat: Pacific Mariner 65
Sud Composites Switch 51 Catamaran Grand Cruiser Model

This is hull #1. It was the first hull built but second boat built, completed in 2000. Sud Composites was located in France, but sold about three years ago to a Swiss firm. Visit their websites here: http://www.switch-cat.com/Switch51_Home_En.html or Swiss Catamaran Concept - Home These boats are not to be confused with the 'Switch' charter company boats! The Switch 51 by Sud Composites was designed by Marc Van-Peteghem and Lauriot Prevost who have designed all of the Lagoon catamarans.

This is the Grand Cruiser model, which is the 'high end' model and sold for about $175K more than the standard model due to its upgrades and additional features which include twin rear helm stations. This is an owners version, with the starboard hull dedicated to the owners cabin with a huge walk-in shower forward. We have owned this boat for four years and done two trans-Atlantic crossings on her. We competed in the 2007 Antigua Sailing Week with her and took a first in every race, winning the catamaran cruising class. In addition, we corrected out over every boat in the entire B fleet (close to 200 boats) in every race... You might think, well, this is a racing cat. Not so. She is a luxurious high performance cruiser designed for short-handed sailing by Marc Van-Peteghem and Lauriot Prevost who have designed all of the Lagoon catamarans. The Switch is a Lagoon on steroids. She is lightweight due to super high-tech construction, and carries dual carbon fiber daggerboards, so she points like a bandit into the wind.

We've done numerous upgrades since purchase. It has a full complement of Raymarine electronics, including Raymarine C140W chartplotter, Raymarine digital radar, Raynav 300 GPS at nav station, Raymarine ST 6000+ autopilot (and a complete spare) and ST 600R autopilot remote, Raymarine ST60 Multi, Wind, & Tridata, Two Raymarine GPS antennaes, Panasonic stereo w/CD changer & 4 speakers (2 salon and 2 cockpit), Thrane & Thrane Mini-M Satellite Phone, ICOM M502 & M602 VHF's (one in salon & one at helm) each with separate antennae, ICOM M802 SSB radio, and a Pains-Wessex Ocean Sentry Radar Transponder. We added three solar panels with an Outback controller. The most recent upgrades, brand new as of September/October 2010, include: C140W chartplotter, 18" digital radar, Sirius SR-100 marine weather receiver, replaced the standing rigging, Rocna 40 anchor, main sail. The boat is in good shape and ready to sail around the world. Many spares included.

Caframo fans throughout. There is wood paneling throughout. The galley has a stainless sink with a mixing tap and triple filtered tap for pure drinking water, a Smeg 4-burner range, Smeg Oven, 12 volt Coolmatic Fridge and separate Freezer, Xintex S-2 propane sniffer & control system, Xintex CO Monitor, Spectra 15 GPH 12-volt watermaker, two 20 lbs aluminum propane tanks. There is a Splendide washer and dryer and Vacuflush heads in both starboard & port hulls, and Tankwatch 4 monitoring system & electric pumps.

One of the comments we consistently get from visitors is how large the cockpit is. Truly it is a great layout with a huge cockpit. We had a custom top with side curtains built in the BVI three years ago. The salon, navigation station and galley are on the main level, with a large window at the sink connecting to the cockpit so you can converse with people while fixing meals as well as use as a pass-through for meals/drinks.

One of our sister ships is currently for sale for over $800K USD (see here: Switch 51 Sail Boat For Sale (972)). We are offering this one for $560K. Boat currently is in Virginia, but will be spending the winter months cruising the Bahamas.

Serious inquiries only, please. Additional information upon request. No brokers, please.

(Note: The bimini top shown in the photo is the old one before the new one was installed.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Following Tides.jpg
Views:	853
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	19790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Following Tides at anchor on south coast of Menorca.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	19791  

Old 13-11-2010, 01:50   #2

Switch 51

hi,
Have just seen your advert, and am Interested in your boat.
I am looking for a good Second hand cat to sail around the world.
My plan is to join the UK Blue water rally in gibraltar in October 2011 and spend 2 years sailing the dream.
I have previously circumnavigated in a monohull and thoroughly enjoyed the trip and latterly sailled a Discovery 55 from galapagos to San francisco and then from Ft Lauderdale to Portugal .
i intend to sail in the main with my partner and myself , and having spent all my life on monohulls, feel that the speed and stability of a cat will suit me better in my latter years.
Can you send me a littlle more information, re engines and hours, rig, and specific problems that need sorting before long term cruising.
I note that your post was in October , and perhaps I am too late, and if this is the case , please accept my apologies.
My e mail is stephensabroad@gmail.com
regards
Stephen