Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2016, 08:11   #1
JHH

Taylor's Kerosene burners

I have two, new (in the box) burners for pressurized kerosene stoves/heaters. I paid $164 each. They have a light coat of soot, but Taylor tests their burners before shipping, which accounts for their used appearance. Will sell for $275 plus freight (probably around $12 USPS)
Old 18-03-2016, 09:51   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: SS Crocker design #131
Re: Taylor's Kerosene burners

Did you get these from Taylor or elsewhere? I ask because I have purchased from them 2 times and the burners were spotlessly clean.

If purchased from them you should ask about the soot. Also they may charge a restock fee (or not) but you should be able to return them if unused.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 18-03-2016, 10:29   #3
JHH

Thank you for your response, but paying a restocking fee in addition to the freight charges to UK would not be a reasonable solution. They did, indeed, come from Taylor and through email correspondence they assured me they were new and that they test them, hence some soot. Apparently your dealings with Taylor are similar to mine, in that they are aboveboard.
Old 22-03-2016, 08:03   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: SS Crocker design #131

It makes perfect sense that they test the burners since Taylors is so very careful of quality. One of the burners I purchased came via the Spares site link here and the pics they show there are true to the way the burners look. On that site, they do mention the "scorched" look of the burners since they're tested. On man's soot is another woman's scorched All in all, tested, though, for sure.

Your offer will be a good deal for whoever purchases them from you--these are not exactly easy to come by at less than full price. They do last a long, long time even when they've been abused by their owners. In our case, we rebuilt a stove with them and that stove had had other non-Taylors burners installed at some point. These are great stoves and great burners.

Fair winds.