Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-02-2012, 10:37   #1

Boat: DeFever 49 RPH "Mermaid Lil" in U.S.; Zijlmans Eagle 43 "Mermaid Lil" in Europe
Testing Tools

I have several tools I used on my trawler and, since I’ve sold my trawler, now have for sale:

Check-Line CDT-2000 Digital Tachometer -- $80 (new $285)

The CHECK-LINE CDT-2000HD Combination Portable Tachometer combines the best features of both contact and non-contact models to accurately measure RPM, surface speed and length.

When using the non-contact mode, rotational speed (RPM) is measured using a visible beam of light. The CDT-2000HD can be up to 24 inches away from the small piece of reflective tape that is affixed to the rotating element. In the contact operating mode, the speed is sensed by directly contacting rotating device using one of the contact adapters supplied with the instrument.

Details at: http://www.checkline.com/tachometers/CDT-2000HD
Use to calibrate/adjust your helm tachs to read correctly.

Ancor Marine True RMS AC/DC Clamp-On Meter -- $65 (List $250, discount $141 [Jamestown])
Use the Ancor clamp-on digital volt meter tool for electrical diagnostics such as measuring electrical voltage, current, resistance and frequency in AC and DC systems.

Features include a 3-3/4 inch LCD display with max reading of 3999, with true RMS measurements. AC/DC voltage measurement to 600V, AC/DC current measurement to 1000A, resistance measurement to 400 and frequency measurement to 4MHz.

Voltmeter includes DCA zero adjustment knob, continuity and diode test, 9V battery included, auto ranging, peak hold and jaws that can clamp around one 750 MCM or two 350 MCM cables.

Tempo Tone Test Set, Model 77HP/200EP ($75)
Purchased new to trace long wire runs and wiring bundles in my DeFever trawler. Perfect for trouble shooting or rewiring. Set the tone generator at one end of the wire run and use the inductive amplifier (no need to actually make contact with the conductor) to find out which wire has the tone on it. Simple wire tracing!

Classic Tone & Probe Kit

When it comes to wire identification, there's no better tool to have than the Model 701K. This popular kit is used by technicians in every premise wiring industry including telecom, datacom, electrical, security, HVAC, audio-visual and more. The 701K is used to identify single conductors or cables within a bundle, at a cross-connect point, or at remote ends.

The kit consists of the 77HP High Power Tone Generator, the 200EP Inductive Amplifier, and the rugged 700C woven polyester carrying case.
http://www.tempo-textron.com/prod_detail.cfm?cat=800&subcat=803&pid=10426

Contact me at: scubeinc@bellsouth.net for any questions or pictures.
Old 21-02-2012, 15:29   #2

Boat: DeFever 49 RPH "Mermaid Lil" in U.S.; Zijlmans Eagle 43 "Mermaid Lil" in Europe
Re: Testing Tools

The Ancor Clamp-on meter and the Tempo Line Tone Tester have been sold. I still have the non-contact tach meter for sale. If interested, please email me.Click image for larger version

Name:	Tach Tester.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	345.9 KB
ID:	37729