Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-11-2007, 13:42   #16

Boat: 1973 Morgan 36T
Quote:
VThe cover shot was taken by Clare at a little place called Pirates Cove on Long Island Sound.
I have my boat moored in Port Jefferson Harbor. Pirates Cove is called "The Sand Pit" by some people here. You guys are in New Zealand, so far away from Long Island.

Paul
Old 15-11-2007, 13:47   #17

Sounds cool, too bad I'm still not in NZ to possibly help out in person. Who took the shots?? Good luck with this venture.
Old 15-11-2007, 15:27   #18

Hi,

Good ideas all, though I see the point about tide charts. Maybe just for auckland next time? We definity had a bit of a learning curve here. Printers mostly took about 2 weeks longer than the 2 days they promised to print everything, causing mucho anxiety. I think the little people get pushed to the bottom of the list when christmas cards are being printed or soemething. My fault of course for not having the printing done months ago, but the money wa not there yet. Plus I put a ton of pressure on clare in her final month or so of school to finish the layout when she had six million other things to do.

I think we will try and sell some on e-bay in the US as well. My dad in the US has offered to deal with the mailing of them out, so hopefully that will be a few too. At 6 sold so far, the stack still looks pretty big. But call it a lesson learned. We should have gotten our act together earlier and talked to stores way before now. Call it a learning experience. Anyway thanks folks,

Brian