Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 09:24   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 1981 Sea Sprite 34 Sold, now living ashore. Bristol 27
UNIVERSAL DIESEL 5424 parting out

Parting out my Universal 5424 ( Kubota D1101). I have dismantled the motor to facilitate removal. As it came up to operating temperature it would puff smoke through the blow by tube, into the cabin, like an old coal locomotive. As the temp went up the oil pressure would drop. Naturally I suspect problems with the head and rings. Everything else was functioning well. Engine hours are unknown as the original owner didn't have an hour meter installed. Among some of the parts available, which will make fine replacements or spares are the transmission, fuel injector pump, injectors, fuel rails, starter, heat exchanger, expansion tank, water pump">raw water pump, new fresh water cooling pump with less than five hours on it, a never installed exhaust component with injection inlet, panel with gauges, original alternator, Balmar alternator 122 amp. with external voltage regulator purchased from the West Marine Boutique. etc. etc. I have some ideas on prices. Offer what you think is fair. These parts will fit some other Kubota motors as well. After a lot of research and liquidating I am re powering with a Beta 25. Located in coastal NC. Thanks, Tony. 252 622-8931
Old 11-09-2013, 19:42   #2

Boat: Endeavour 32
I'm interested in the exhaust component and transmission... I have a 5424 and could use them right away... I can have them picked up by my son located in Wilmington. PM me and we can discuss price.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:41   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 1981 Sea Sprite 34 Sold, now living ashore. Bristol 27
Re: UNIVERSAL DIESEL 5424 parting out

pm sent

Tags
diesel