Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2014, 15:58   #1

Boat: Niagara 35
Vancouver Moorage

Side tie, easily accessible Moorage available at Harbour Cruises right at the base of Denman St. in Coal Harbour. $12.15/ft based on an annual payment. Sailboats only as width is limited. 40-50'.

Take over my lease and enjoy this prime location. Very easy access in and out. Deep draft.
Old 15-04-2014, 15:41   #2

Boat: CS 40
Re: Vancouver Moorage

Do they allow live aboard?
Old 15-04-2014, 18:59   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefossl View Post
Do they allow live aboard?
They do, but this is not a live aboard spot. I can talk to them about what the wait is to get a live aboard spot. Presumably those who already have slip would be at the top of the waiting list. I would assume multiple years, though. It is hard to get a live aboard slip in this city!
Old 16-04-2014, 13:35   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwyckham View Post
They do, but this is not a live aboard spot. I can talk to them about what the wait is to get a live aboard spot. Presumably those who already have slip would be at the top of the waiting list. I would assume multiple years, though. It is hard to get a live aboard slip in this city!
Sorry, I was wrong. No live-aboards are allowed at the marina at all.
Old 16-04-2014, 15:41   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

How long are you going to be gone for my friend? And is that 12 per foot per year?
Old 16-04-2014, 15:57   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
How long are you going to be gone for my friend? And is that 12 per foot per year?
Hi Newt! It's 12 per foot per month, based on paying yearly. You can pay monthly or quarterly, but the rates are a bit higher.

I'm moving out permanently to a spot a couple blocks from my home, but have already signed a lease for the year. So if I bring in somebody to take over my lease, they'll let me out of it. So this isn't a sub-let, it's a take-over. Kind of like Crimea. OK, nothing like Crimea.

Are you thinking of coming to town? Great cruising over here!
Old 16-04-2014, 18:24   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

I pass through the Georgian Strait at least twice a year, but at those prices I'll keep on anchoring out in the islands . I was thinking a mooring ball, in which case (and if it was a lot cheaper) I could leave Beth up there for some of the year and keep my slip down here in Astoria (no sails tax and 95 dollars month for a forty foot slip)
As it is, I will just sail my way up and back. Builds character .
Old 16-04-2014, 18:29   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
I pass through the Georgian Strait at least twice a year, but at those prices I'll keep on anchoring out in the islands . I was thinking a mooring ball, in which case (and if it was a lot cheaper) I could leave Beth up there for some of the year and keep my slip down here in Astoria (no sails tax and 95 dollars month for a forty foot slip)
As it is, I will just sail my way up and back. Builds character .
$95/ month! Wow, that's a dream. I bet you could find a place to keep her in some small town on the island for a bit more than that. Worth looking around to save the big sea miles. Not in the city, though!
Old 23-04-2014, 15:12   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwyckham View Post
Side tie, easily accessible Moorage available at Harbour Cruises right at the base of Denman St. in Coal Harbour. $12.15/ft based on an annual payment. Sailboats only as width is limited. 40-50'.

Take over my lease and enjoy this prime location. Very easy access in and out. Deep draft.
I've just been informed by the Marina that the longest boat they'll take is 46', not 50' in this location.