Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-08-2013, 07:55   #1

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
Village Marine Little Wonder 150gpd DC watermaker

We are selling the above watermaker because we are installing a larger capacity AC powered watermaker.

This is a frame unit with all components together in a "box", but could easily be made modular with some extra tubing to connect the components.

It comes with a March mag drive boost pump, prefilter housing and spare filters, some chemicals, spare parts (seals, pump oil, etc).

The high pressure pump was replaced with new 5 years ago and the pressure vessel was replaced with a standard size one 3 years ago. The only things of original age on it is the motor and pressure adjustment valve. It produces 6 gal/hr drawing 16A at 13.5V. At 12.5V, it produces 5.6 gal/hr.

The RO membrane is at the end of life and probably only has a year left. Since this is a standard size pressure vessel, new membranes cost <$150 vs. $500 from VM.

It is currently wired with ~35' of 6 AWG duplex wire. Since we are installing an AC unit, I will throw in the wire if wanted (>$100 worth).

The unit is in the Rio Dulce, Guatemala, and shipping will be very difficult and expensive from there. It is possible, but you will be paying the costs.

It is currently installed and operational for viewing, but will be uninstalled early October.

$1,000 OBO

Mark

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
Old 23-08-2013, 06:00   #2

Boat: Westerly Centaur 26'
Send a message via AIM to bbowers2004 Send a message via MSN to bbowers2004 Send a message via Yahoo to bbowers2004 Send a message via Skype™ to bbowers2004
Re: Village Marine Little Wonder 150gpd DC watermaker

Do you have pictures?
Old 23-08-2013, 07:17   #3

I am off the boat for a couple more weeks. I can post pictures when I return in September.

Attached is a picture from when we bought the boat. It is essentially the same, except it now has a new pressure vessel (blue cylinder is now white cylinder) and new high pressure pump (black rectangle with round flange is now exactly the same only new).

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0216 copy.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	65902  

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
Old 01-09-2013, 16:17   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
We are selling the above watermaker because we are installing a larger capacity AC powered watermaker.

This is a frame unit with all components together in a "box", but could easily be made modular with some extra tubing to connect the components.

It comes with a March mag drive boost pump, prefilter housing and spare filters, some chemicals, spare parts (seals, pump oil, etc).

The high pressure pump was replaced with new 5 years ago and the pressure vessel was replaced with a standard size one 3 years ago. The only things of original age on it is the motor and pressure adjustment valve. It produces 6 gal/hr drawing 16A at 13.5V. At 12.5V, it produces 5.6 gal/hr.

The RO membrane is at the end of life and probably only has a year left. Since this is a standard size pressure vessel, new membranes cost <$150 vs. $500 from VM.

It is currently wired with ~35' of 6 AWG duplex wire. Since we are installing an AC unit, I will throw in the wire if wanted (>$100 worth).

The unit is in the Rio Dulce, Guatemala, and shipping will be very difficult and expensive from there. It is possible, but you will be paying the costs.

It is currently installed and operational for viewing, but will be uninstalled early October.

$1,000 OBO

Mark
Mark, In San Diego and shipping should not be to difficult , however I need a close estimate and since you are there near the Post Office or ? Please let me know, could be a bag of worms shipping!
Burt
Old 01-09-2013, 17:22   #5

I looked at shipping to the US and it is outrageous. Even if you REALLY wanted this, you could find a better deal elsewhere considering the shipping costs. I would feel guilty.

And currently, I have an offer on it, so the sale is pending.

Thanks!
Mark

Old 28-10-2013, 09:23   #6

Item is sold.

Tags
marine, water, watermaker