Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-10-2012, 08:53   #1

West coast Florida. Uk couple looking for use of sailing boat from mid Oct to Dec.

50s UK couple on career break looking for use of sailing boat to allow male half to fulfill lifetime ambition of wanting to cruise Florida either around the keys or cedar island or over to Bahamas.
There are 2 options available to us, buy cheapish boat and then donate to charity at the end of December/ early Jan. An alternative is to share expenses with owner for use of boat. I don't want to use the word rent as this probably means that all sorts of complications arise for the owner.
We fly into Florida next week and have a car hired for the next two weeks to allow us to look at boats. If you would be interested in speaking to me about this please then PM me. Willing to do light maintenance and work around owners selling arrangements. Size range ideally 25-35 ft, and I'd love to sail a tri.
Old 16-10-2012, 04:07   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 1977 Hinckley Bermuda 40
Re: West coast Florida. Uk couple looking for use of sailing boat from mid Oct to Dec

I have a Cal 29 I could get to Florida or you could fly into the Chesapeake area (DC) and sail her down from here...which would be great fun. Plus you'd have that little cushion between tropical weather by being north for a couple weeks...but Cal 29 is a great sailing boat...my name is marc. Add j45 and that's my G mail address...let me know if you are interested.
Old 17-10-2012, 05:25   #3

Re: West coast Florida. Uk couple looking for use of sailing boat from mid Oct to Dec

Hi Marc

Got into Florida yesterday. I initially looked at sailing down from the Chesapeake area and if I had of been here 2 months ago this would have been a perfect solution for me, but with winter coming I don't fancy it that much ( probably a big mistake on my behalf).

I have pmed you.

Kind regards

Michael
Old 17-10-2012, 11:54   #4

Michael I've got too many boats and really need to sell his Albin vega
Albin Vega 27, 1975, Panama City, Florida, sailboat for sale from Sailing Texas
Old 17-10-2012, 14:42   #5

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Michael A.

Buy Lars's boat. It looks really sweet.

Dontate it to my friend at the end of your trip.

(Well, He could pay for some of it I think)
Old 18-10-2012, 11:20   #6

Hi lars
Your boat looks great and albin Vegas have got a great reputation. But this is my problem if I buy something for this sort of fee then use it for max of 3 months, plus all the marina fees then donate it I will be massively out of pocket, that's my problem. I had a chap contact me with a deal for 1000 us per month which was perfect for me. The killer being that the boat was too far North for me. Looking for a similar sort of thing in Florida.
How would you fancy renting yours while you are waiting to sell it, then if a buyer turns up, we will try and get something else. If this idea appeals PM me and we can talk.
Regards

Michael

Tags
florida, sailing