Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2013, 15:38   #1

Whisker pole wanted

I need a telescoping , line operated, 3"-3.5" diam, 12'-22' or 13' to 24' , whichever is available. Forespar . The ends should be : Outboard -Grand Prix End; Inboard - Ultra Socket End.
Thank You
Old 16-08-2013, 16:24   #2

Boat: 1988 Wilbur 34
Re: Whisker pole wanted

I have a 4" telescoping pole that I believe is a Forespar. Ends not included. The inner pole is new, replacing the original that was broken in a race to Mexico several years ago. If interested, I can verify the measurements. Also, where are you located? The pole is in Daytona Beach, Florida and shipping would be somewhat problematic.
Old 16-08-2013, 17:14   #3

Hi

Located in Indian Harbor Beach FL. What length is the pole? What ends are on the pole? Who is the pole manufacturer ? What price do you have in mind?

Thank You
Old 17-08-2013, 10:47   #4

Boat: 1988 Wilbur 34

The pole is suspended from the ceiling in my storage shed and is somewhat difficult to access. But I'm quite certain it is a Forespar product and that it is the largest whisker pole they offer.

The inner tube was broken several years ago in a race to Mexico. Extending one of these poles with a big sail in big air and big seas is not a great idea.

The outer tube is 14' overall. The inner tube, 3.5" o.d., extends 17 1/2" beyond the outer tube when fully withdrawn. This is a little longer than the original tube, in that when it was replaced, this longer length was the closest option I was given as a replacement. It can easily be cut down if one desires.

End fittings are not offered with the pole. I removed the end fittings to use on a carbon fibre pole when I was lucky enough to find one on Ebay

Price: $800.00 plus shipping though, considering the length, shipping would be somewhat problematic.

Tags
wanted