Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-09-2013, 15:25   #1

Boat: Irwin Citation 34
Yanmar 2QM20

I pulled a running 2QM20 out of my Sailboat. It ran fine last time I fired it up, but it's old and I just didn't trust it. It's got a bunch of useful parts on it. Exhaust manifold, transmission, some fuel lines, starter motor, you know. The normal stuff that can be salvaged. I wouldn't recommend installing it in your boat, but it did run well and you might just do that. It would need a new oil line for the cylinder head. The old one is intact, but badly rusted. I'd love to trade it for a used Dickinson propane heater. That said, the parts weigh a ton. They will be expensive to ship. I don't expect much for the stuff. It is however, a New England boat, which means it spent 9 months a year on the hard.
Exhaust manifold: How about $150
Starter: How about $75
Trany: Maybe $450
Also have the manual, but I'll need it for a bit so I don't get surprised if someone wants just the trany.

The whole thing: You pick it up, $750
Shipping the whole thing would be a nightmare. It weighs 420 lbs.

Let me know here what you want, and I will pull it off and send it to you. PM me with Name, Phone # and we'll see about what you need. The motor is located in southern Maine.
I'm gonna wait a week before I dismantle it to see if someone wants the whole thing. Then its first come first served.
Thanks, Tom

Old 03-10-2013, 08:04   #2

Boat: Hunter Cherubini 37
Re: Yanmar 2QM20

I am interested
briankingwill2@gmail.com
if its still available, please email me
Old 09-10-2013, 20:50   #3

Re: Yanmar 2QM20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandAnitas34 View Post
I pulled a running 2QM20 out of my Sailboat. It ran fine last time I fired it up, but it's old and I just didn't trust it. It's got a bunch of useful parts on it. Exhaust manifold, transmission, some fuel lines, starter motor, you know. The normal stuff that can be salvaged. I wouldn't recommend installing it in your boat, but it did run well and you might just do that. It would need a new oil line for the cylinder head. The old one is intact, but badly rusted. I'd love to trade it for a used Dickinson propane heater. That said, the parts weigh a ton. They will be expensive to ship. I don't expect much for the stuff. It is however, a New England boat, which means it spent 9 months a year on the hard.
Exhaust manifold: How about $150
Starter: How about $75
Trany: Maybe $450
Also have the manual, but I'll need it for a bit so I don't get surprised if someone wants just the trany.

The whole thing: You pick it up, $750
Shipping the whole thing would be a nightmare. It weighs 420 lbs.

Let me know here what you want, and I will pull it off and send it to you. PM me with Name, Phone # and we'll see about what you need. The motor is located in southern Maine.
I'm gonna wait a week before I dismantle it to see if someone wants the whole thing. Then its first come first served.
Thanks, Tom

im looking for a cylhead I'm in new zealand the head weighs about 20kg is that shipable

Tags
2qm20, yanmar