Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2015, 16:19   #1

19 Year Old Male, Flexible and Willing

I am a 19 year old young man. I currently reside in the great state of WA. I have NO sailing experience. I dream to circumnavigate the world solo in a boat. That is what brought me here. I have an open schedule and can travel anywhere in the US.

I am no stranger to hard work. I worked last summer removing roofing in 110 degree weather wearing Tyvek suits (aesbestos abatement). I am willing to sail without pay. I just want to learn the ropes and have fun.

I am always open to adventures and at my heart I am a traveler. I like watching Documentaries, mainly about adventures or world conflicts. I am easy to talk to and I don't complain much.
Old 27-07-2015, 10:33   #2

Re: 19 Year Old Male, Flexible and Willing

Hi if you mentioned your name I missed it but mine is Neal. I could have a position on a small vessel I am negotiating on in Cal. I would need to move it to Central America [Panama] once purchased.

I am open to see what help you can give but we need to discuss it if you are still interested. contact me via phone 817-264-2380 or email centar36@hotmail.com.

This is not a done deal on the boat but I am thinking ahead to help moving it. I can help with travel and other things if we work things out.

Neal
Old 30-07-2015, 00:35   #3

did you find something?
Old 30-07-2015, 04:22   #4

First my name is Neal. Having one for you would be good. and to answer your question. Yes, I located a boat but no I did not purchase it just too many issues.

I have three others to look at in the next month or so. I WILL be purchasing one when I locate something that serves my needs and is still floating. I apologize if I got ahead of myself in posting to you so quickly.

I will need a crew and as long as you are available and willing then we can talk. I will say you should get a passport if you do not have one. What ever boat or where every you go it may be imperative for a position of any kind if with me I am certain you will need one.

All of he boats I am looking at if not already will be moved to another country most likely Panama.

I promise, as long as you want me to, I will keep you up dated. Keep looking and if you locate another boat that is great, just let me know. I expect I will have something in the next 60 days. I am looking in Panama just now at a 30' and on the Texas coast. I will keep you up dated as that progresses.

I would like more information about you, skills, education, interest, hobbies, plans for yourself and just about anything you can send me. It helps to know for me.

Feel free to contact me anytime even just to chat. centar36@hotmail.com enclosed a photo so you know who I am.

Neal Fletcher
Old 29-08-2015, 18:36   #5

Hi, saw your post. I am looking for someone to help us sail my Morgan from Seattr to San Diego and possibly to Mexico. Get back toe if interested. Planning on leaving around sept 10
Old 07-09-2015, 22:34   #6

Location: Tampa Bay area, Tarpon Springs, and Clearwater Beach
Boat: MacGregor 26M

Still available? Going Miami to Bahamas end of December.
Old 18-09-2015, 07:27   #7

Boat: 1974 Gulf Star MS53 Motor/Sailer

I need help getting my 53' Gulf Star from Beaufort NC end of september-ish. Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway mostly with some offshore sailing/motoring, going via Key West then Gulf of Mexico direct to New Orleans LA. Mechanically healthy boat with sad appearance. Live aboard welcome to keep yacht safe. I pay expenses. Jonathon (Australian American)