Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 11:54   #1

2 female crew available from West Coast USA

Hello!

Myself and my good friend Hannah are currently travelling the US, after cycling from Vancouver BC to San Fran. So, we're on an adventure mission. We're both from the UK. We'd really like to build up some sea miles whilst away and are interested in heading to anywhere where there is surfing- Mexico, Hawaii etc.

I have my RYA 'competent crew' certificate and 3 weeks sea experience. Hannah is a novice, but very practical. We are both fun and easy going women.
We're pretty flexible on dates, however our US visa's run out on 8th Nov.

Please don't reply to this message if you are looking for 'young single women'. We are both young, but we are not interested in that type of trip! We're fun and adventurous and would love to help someone sail their boat, so that's our mission.

Look forward to hearing from someone

Georgie
Old 09-09-2013, 07:37   #2

Nicely said ladies, sadly most of the boats owners here confuse sailing with dating .. Anyway wish u both good luck finding a ride and consider this a bump post
Fair winds
S
Old 09-09-2013, 07:58   #3

Re: 2 female crew available from West Coast USA

The Baja HaHa is a large sailing rally that leaves from San Diego and ends up in Cabo San Lucas. From there many boats continue farther south to the mainland of Mexico, stay in Baja, wait until Spring to cross the Pacific, or continue south through Central America.

If you can get to San Diego in the second week of October look up Downwind Marine and talk to those guys about crewing opportunities.

Basically if you're in San Diego the last couple weeks in October and not a total lunatic, the odds are good you can head southbound on a boat.

You can sign up on the HaHa's website as well: Latitude 38 Crew List
Old 09-09-2013, 08:51   #4
jhg

Hi, I am cruising from No. Ca to Panama soon and do need crew. Please email greenpath2011@gmail.com for details if interested

Thx,
John
Old 09-09-2013, 10:08   #5
jhg

I am headed toward Panama soon from just north of you. Crew will be very welcome. We will be coastal cruising. Please send private message to me if you want the details...

Thx,
John
Old 09-09-2013, 13:53   #6

Boat: Bruce Roberts 434
Send a message via Skype™ to capttman
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviu View Post
Nicely said ladies, sadly most of the boats owners here confuse sailing with dating .. Anyway wish u both good luck finding a ride and consider this a bump post
Fair winds
S
I must be different haha do they breath can they steer a course in case auto pilot goes out? Can they hank on a jib? Do they know enough to wake me if there is a problem on there watch? If so, good crew.

"When the bow be in the trees we'll be running out of seas"
Old 11-09-2013, 08:50   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiebee View Post
Hello!

Myself and my good friend Hannah are currently travelling the US, after cycling from Vancouver BC to San Fran. So, we're on an adventure mission. We're both from the UK. We'd really like to build up some sea miles whilst away and are interested in heading to anywhere where there is surfing- Mexico, Hawaii etc.

I have my RYA 'competent crew' certificate and 3 weeks sea experience. Hannah is a novice, but very practical. We are both fun and easy going women.
We're pretty flexible on dates, however our US visa's run out on 8th Nov.

Please don't reply to this message if you are looking for 'young single women'. We are both young, but we are not interested in that type of trip! We're fun and adventurous and would love to help someone sail their boat, so that's our mission.

Look forward to hearing from someone

Georgie
Georgie, refer to La Paz, Mexico, to Panama in Crew Wanted. Approx 1 week ago. Any interest or queries, get back to me. Mick. PS. She is a big boat with plenty of room for bikes ..
Old 14-09-2013, 20:06   #8

Hi all, sorry I haven't checked this in a while. Wonderful advice and think we've sorted an adventure! Hurrah!
Old 14-09-2013, 20:26   #9
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra

Pictures, we need pictures...

Tags
crew, crew available, west coast