Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2013, 04:05   #1

21 And Looking For An Opportunity

I am a 21 year old British female currently based on the Costa Del Sol, Andalucia, Spain. My current job is a receptionist in a Marina though first started out as a pier hand. I have nearly 4000 NM under my belt, been on a delivery passage from Gibraltar to Croatia and was part of crew on a 120 Ft tall ship from Gibraltar to the UK at 18 as my first passage on sea. I am very eager to learn and love new challenges. I am at the stage in my life now where I want to be able to earn a living out of what I love doing, whether it be a deckhand or stewardess I want to be on the water...though I'm probably more experienced as being part of a delivery crew I do have catering knowledge from the age of 8 from working in restaurants my parents have previously owned. I am a quick learner and put 110% effort into what I do.I don't mind not being paid at first as part of a trial run.

If anyone could help me on my journey, I would be much appreciative.
Old 04-05-2013, 16:55   #2

Boat: BAVARIA 45CRUISER
Re: 21 And Looking For An Opportunity

contact me soon pls.
Old 09-05-2013, 18:30   #3

Good afternoon. I am in the process of purchasing a 97' steel hulled motor yacht located in Washington State and am looking for a fully payed crew.(Experienced Capt.-first mate (H-W team with 1 daughter as stewardess is OK)-1 trainable Cook/stewardess/housekeeper-1 or 2 deck hands (experienced or trainable).. we are looking to leave port within the next 60 to 90 days but as soon as possible. My sail plan is to motor down and throw the canal and up the east coast cross over the big pond and then spend the next 5 years all around the med. staying no more than 90 days in any one county.
If you have any interest, Please forward any and all personal information and experience. your contact information and tell me why we should be looking to hire you and not somebody else. what you expect in wages and how long you would like to crew.

A LITTLE ABOUT MY SELF JUST SO YOU'LL KNOW. 73 YEARS OLD, MARRIED, RETIRED LT.COL USMC, 200 TON POWER OR SAIL CAT. LIC. ANY OCEAN ANY SEA.
Old 20-05-2013, 10:38   #4

I am looking for crew for a leisurely cruise around the Balearics for the summer and, subject to a good rapport, you would be welcome to join me whilst you look for more stimulating opportunities, or perhaps stay on board longer. See Phil's Sailing Adventure for info on boat and me and a contact details.

Phil
Old 23-05-2013, 13:37   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlnella View Post
Good afternoon. I am in the process of purchasing a 97' steel hulled motor yacht located in Washington State and am looking for a fully payed crew.(Experienced Capt.-first mate (H-W team with 1 daughter as stewardess is OK)-1 trainable Cook/stewardess/housekeeper-1 or 2 deck hands (experienced or trainable).. we are looking to leave port within the next 60 to 90 days but as soon as possible. My sail plan is to motor down and throw the canal and up the east coast cross over the big pond and then spend the next 5 years all around the med. staying no more than 90 days in any one county.
If you have any interest, Please forward any and all personal information and experience. your contact information and tell me why we should be looking to hire you and not somebody else. what you expect in wages and how long you would like to crew.

A LITTLE ABOUT MY SELF JUST SO YOU'LL KNOW. 73 YEARS OLD, MARRIED, RETIRED LT.COL USMC, 200 TON POWER OR SAIL CAT. LIC. ANY OCEAN ANY SEA.

Good Afternoon, apologies for not getting back to you sooner.
This sounds like an opportunity I am very much interested in. Is there anyway of me being able to email you my c.v with all other information necessary.
My email address is georgie2223(at)gmail.com

Kind regards

Georgina
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
I am a 21 year old British female currently based on the Costa Del Sol, Andalucia, Spain. My current job is a receptionist in a Marina though first started out as a pier hand. I have nearly 4000 NM under my belt, been on a delivery passage from Gibraltar to Croatia and was part of crew on a 120 Ft tall ship from Gibraltar to the UK at 18 as my first passage on sea. I am very eager to learn and love new challenges. I am at the stage in my life now where I want to be able to earn a living out of what I love doing, whether it be a deckhand or stewardess I want to be on the water...though I'm probably more experienced as being part of a delivery crew I do have catering knowledge from the age of 8 from working in restaurants my parents have previously owned. I am a quick learner and put 110% effort into what I do.I don't mind not being paid at first as part of a trial run.

If anyone could help me on my journey, I would be much appreciative.
Still searching