Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 16:56   #1

pirate 29 Year-Old Looking to Sail Anywhere from Central America

I am originally from El Salvador, Central America but grew up and did my studies (associates degree ) in Dallas Texcas . I am fluent in English & Spanish and (minor-basic) in Italian & Portuguese, I was a travel agent " dallas with Hotels.com but got tired of the whole office environment and decided to just travel the world . I am a quick learner and very hard , dedicated worker, I will never complain and work very hard just to travel along. I would love to travel anywhere, feel free to contact me at buymyrodyahoo.com i can meet you anywhere but at the moment I am here in El Salvador.
Old 12-08-2011, 17:04   #2
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: 29 year old looking to sail anywhere from central america

in mazatlan if you have time to meet here or see my formosa--and boat kat.
Old 12-08-2011, 18:05   #3

Boat: O'Day 28
Re: 29 Year-Old Looking to Sail Anywhere from Central America

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymyrod View Post
I am originally from El Salvador, Central America but grew up and did my studies (associates degree ) in Dallas Texcas . I am fluent in English & Spanish and (minor-basic) in Italian & Portuguese, I was a travel agent " dallas with Hotels.com but got tired of the whole office environment and decided to just travel the world . I am a quick learner and very hard , dedicated worker, I will never complain and work very hard just to travel along. I would love to travel anywhere, feel free to contact me at buymyrodyahoo.com i can meet you anywhere but at the moment I am here in El Salvador.
Gotta call ******** on you sir.

"Buy my rod?"

I think I may know what you meant to say but buy my rod ain't it.

And 2 years of junior college in Dallas and ya can't spell Texas?

Nah.
Old 12-08-2011, 18:14   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgzzzz View Post
hey, maybe you didn't see the smileyface with the thumbs up at the end of his post. that obviously means it's "cool"....
Old 13-08-2011, 13:36   #5

Thumbs up Re: 29 Year-Old Looking to Sail Anywhere from Central America

Mazatlan, Mexico , Where are you headed ? and would would you like to meet ?

(for those other people thatposted nasty replies )

I had this email for a while, Buymyrod@yahoo.com ever since I was selling my car, So I am not a fake, nor am I trying to deceive anyone by any means.. I am a horrible speller, thereby spelling TEXAS wrongfully. I was not aware I was in a Grammar contest. My facebook account is the following if you liek to see what I look like or send me a message . Ronald Casio | Facebook .

my contact number here in El Salvador is Country area code 503 - 7227-2257..

if any other questions arise feel free to contact me via phone or email. thank you .
Old 13-08-2011, 14:46   #6

buymyrod,

the forum name, your email, and the hotels.com thing just sounded an awful lot like you were fishing for website traffic instead of ACTUALLY introducing yourself. i personally don't care how you spell texas, grammar is not a subject i remained conscious for in school. zZzZ.

that aside, way to deal with our skepticism! assuming you're not a sassy android, welcome to the forum.

on a completely less tom-foolery note, be careful about posting your phone number and email like that. people use programs to hunt around forums like this to gather that type of info and sell it. a popular thing to do is:

buymyrod AT yahoo DOT com and five03-seven227-two257

throws off the robots!
Old 13-08-2011, 19:23   #7

Apologies. All too often my evening posts lack a certain ... ah... sobriety, at least as compared to those cogent and insightful morning posts of mine. I'd have deleted my post if it had been possible. And Captain Dinosaur is offering real good advice.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 13-08-2011, 22:19   #8

Boat: Advance Flying Junior, 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgzzzz View Post

"Buy my rod?"

I think I may know what you meant to say but buy my rod ain't it.

And 2 years of junior college in Dallas and ya can't spell Texas?

Nah.
As a man of education who has spent some time in the Tex-Ark-Ana area (especially the WalMarts), I call ******** on you.

My first post here, and I'm calling out someone for not only their grasp of the written English language, but it's application in such a place as, well, Texas.

In case it's warranted, my post here contains little sobriety as well, sir.

Quote:
on a completely less tom-foolery note, be careful about posting your phone number and email like that. people use programs to hunt around forums like this to gather that type of info and sell it.
I've posted my phone number on many a message board. 913-207-8164. It gets little action. Maybe someone from hotels.com wants to offer me a deal for this weekend?

I had meant to read this board much further and post in another thread first, but this one cracked me up tonight. Merlot not withstanding.
Old 13-08-2011, 22:31   #9
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Are all sailors DRUNKS? No wonder Im having a tough time here..I just smoke..and know one has ever said, I robbed the bank and killed the teller officer because I had a smoke...lots of people did it because they were drunk!!!
Old 14-08-2011, 06:40   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc.eit View Post
As a man of education who has spent some time in the Tex-Ark-Ana area (especially the WalMarts), I call ******** on you.

My first post here, and I'm calling out someone for not only their grasp of the written English language, but it's application in such a place as, well, Texas.

In case it's warranted, my post here contains little sobriety as well, sir.

I had meant to read this board much further and post in another thread first, but this one cracked me up tonight. Merlot not withstanding.

Education you say? Imagine my surprise when I noticed that the letter "c" lives right fing next door to the letter "x", as in Texcas. I rarely need to type with the "x" key except when typing "XXX" so I was unaware of this potential problematic proximity. Drunk and dumb. Tough combo to overcome.

Welcome to the forum.

If I've got a woman and a Walmart and a We$t Marine, I've pretty much got it all.
Old 14-08-2011, 12:13   #11

so does anyone need a crew mate ???
Old 15-08-2011, 11:10   #12

roflmao....i always look for a crewmate. if one can navigate and hold a course i am on it....have formosa will travel....heading south from here to canal and caribean
Old 15-08-2011, 13:15   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
roflmao....i always look for a crewmate. if one can navigate and hold a course i am on it....have formosa will travel....heading south from here to canal and caribean
I would love to travel with ya mate.. I am currently in El Salvador , Mazatlan seems to be way up there near Mexico City , Mexico almost 30 hours from here .. Maybe I can meet you at the Panama Canal, where are you heading from there ?
Old 15-08-2011, 15:23   #14

after panama i am headed to caribean. then gulf of mexico so i can buy the cat foods my bubba likes best. and see friends i met last time i was there .....
Old 15-08-2011, 15:35   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
after panama i am headed to caribean. then gulf of mexico so i can buy the cat foods my bubba likes best. and see friends i met last time i was there .....
when do you think you.ll be leaving mazatlan and arriving at panama?

Tags
Central America, sail