Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-01-2014, 09:09   #1

Boat: Ansų 42
42 ft steel ketch looking for crew to cross atlantic back to Europe

We are currently looking for crew to cross the atlantic in the beginning of may.

We are more than capable to sail the boat ourselves, but more people onboard is easier and more social on long crossings.

We are looking for someone who is social, can handle beeing at sea and someone who knows the basics of a sailboat.

If you have an adventurer in you and would like to experience crossing the atlantic please do contact us.

More information on us and the boat we will gladly do over e-mail.

Contact me at anders.vikene.johnsen(at)gmail.com

The plan is to leave from BVI (British Virgin Islands)-Bermuda-Azores-Ireland.

To make things a little more precise, we are not paying anyone to cross the atlantic. You pay for your share of food, harbour fees and diesel. We have met many people on our trips, and some are in a mindset that sailors pay for having people onboard. Well, people looking for skippers and delivery crew pay, but then you need to have paperwork to prove you are competent for the job.
Old 21-01-2014, 15:33   #2

Boat: Sail any boats from 28 to 60 ft
Re: 42 ft steel ketch looking for crew to cross atlantic back to Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventyr View Post
The plan is to leave from BVI (British Virgin Islands)-Bermuda-Azores-Ireland.
Nice .... ! Fair winds and great companies
Old 22-01-2014, 10:26   #3

Boat: PS37

I understand you are not paying to the crew. But how come that the crew will have to pay for your diesel? Sounds like you are trying to catch a piggy back ride off the very people who will help you to sail her across. If you cannot afford your boat running expenses you may consider to postpone your crossing and pick up a job. That's what Pardeys (and many other respectable sailors) would recommend.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:09   #4

Hello, is this crew position available? I had a passage planned with a friend from St.Martin to Azores, but his boat have a problem and we cancelled it, but I still willing to make this passage, I will be in St. Martin on Abril 26 and can I meet in BVI or Bermudas. I would like to disembark in Azores. So if this position still available, please give me a heads up so we can talk more about details. What is your schedule?
Thanks
Pedro
Old 06-03-2014, 13:58   #5

Boat: Clipper Mk II , 17 ft fractional rigged sloop

harbour fees and diesel , careful .it sounds like you may be putting yourself at risk of having paying passengers. and all the legal ramifications
Old 08-03-2014, 09:47   #6

Boat: spirit 41 , 12.20

how about me , I have all the paperwork , and more then 35 ++++ years experience , would you take me ?
Old 05-05-2014, 13:04   #7

I am a very mature 20 year old, student and sailor and professional photographer. Racing as well as keel and catamaran experience. Sailing is my one passion that has held all the way through my life so far. Travelling the world by sailboat is an absolute dream. I am a quick study and love to learn.

I live in Calgary for school but I am from Toronto. I am recently back from hawaii I have experience sailing keelboats of varied lengths and catamarans. I have also competitively raced olympic class boats/skiffs for several years. I am an ex university level football player and still maintain my strength.
I am taking time off school and would like to fill my break with more time at sea. I am in geography and would like to specialize in nautical pursuits.
I am also a very experienced photographer. I am a certified PADI rescue diver and certified with a dry suit specialty. I have my emergency first aid and a clean driving and police record.
I have coached children in both sailing and skiing, great jobs. I can cook but will definitely learn from a better cook, lessons from a cook will be loved. I speak only english but can understand creole and spanish. Any position will be happily accepted.

A true love for sailing. I would like to have a career in the marine industry and want to begin gaining experience at a young age. I would also like to begin new photography projects and expand my portfolio as well as create images of the boat and crew.
I like hard work and tasks to be completed.

Tags
crew, Europe, ketch, rope, steel