Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 12:00   #16

Boat: Bruce Roberts Steel Offshore 44
Re: Across oceans or down the coast: Available to crew Aug to Dec with some notice

Hey Wondering Star, I am moving my steel Bruce Roberts 44 from California to Nicaragua late in the year. It's about 2,500 miles, if you are interested.

Mike
Old 02-08-2012, 13:41   #17

Re: Across oceans or down the coast: Available to crew Aug to Dec with some notice

Hello mkjhartmann

May be, I still need to gain more detail information before being able to give you any answer. If you provide me with your U.S. contact number, I will be glad to speak with you about your journey down south for later this year.

I am sure that you may have many questions for me as I have of you and your voyage.

Cheers
Old 02-08-2012, 18:20   #18

Hi Mike

I will send the contact info in a day or two for you. Beside the people that I know, I will ask my friends for possible recommendations for you.

Cheers
Old 02-08-2012, 18:37   #19

Boat: Challenger Ketch 50
Send a message via Skype™ to phlbob7

I can be reached at 360-481-9428 My regular email is phlbob7*at*yahoo*dot*com".
I would be happy to answer all your questions and attach pictures. The boat is a 50 ft ketch and I have sailed it and lived on it for 13 years.I have been to Alaska 3 times and Mexico once and will be heading back south as soon as possible. Bob
Old 03-08-2012, 19:28   #20

Hello phlbob7

Thank you, I have received your PM and sent you the contact info.

Sincerely wish the very best and as we say in my family:
May each night bring you clear sky full of bright stars and each morning begin with the warm calming brightness of the sun to you.

Cheers
Old 03-08-2012, 19:57   #21
Formerly: Capt Wraun

Boat: Corbin39 CC Cutter Rig

Wow sounds like you're going sailing wherever you want. Congrats, I hope everyone on both sides remembers that if it sounds too good to be true.... ? Not saying anything about anyone but would just like everyone to be careful when making deals over the internet.

Cheers
Old 03-08-2012, 20:40   #22

Hello Capt Wraun

Thank you for your kind advise.

I agree. You are absolutely correct. As you have advised, I hope those who are sincere will not be afraid to ask the difficult questions as willing to answer them clearly.

As much as the Skipper has obligation to the crew, the crew has obligation to the skipper. The proposal should and must be mutually fair and mutually positive.

But as you have stated without using so many words, I agree "integrity" and "honesty" sometimes gets lost in the glitters of the possible journey.

Health and Safety must always come first and we should not live by the philosophy that all problems go away with time or if ignored.

Although, I have not been able to accommodate some of the kind invitations to assist. Everyone has all been very respectful.

Cheers
Old 01-09-2012, 14:28   #23

Boat: Challenger Ketch 50
Send a message via Skype™ to phlbob7

wandering Star, I know it has been awhile but I was wondering if you got on a boat yet. I'm ready to head down to San Diego soon Bob
Old 02-09-2012, 08:30   #24

Boat: Beneteau 36S7
Re: Across Oceans or Down The Coast: Available to Crew Aug to Dec With Some Notice

Hi Wondering Star

Please see my post NYC Area to Key West. Leaving early Oct. Contact me if interested.

Vic
Old 04-09-2012, 12:04   #25

Thumbs up Re: Across Oceans or Down The Coast: Available to Crew Aug to Dec With Some Notice

Hi phlbob7

Thank you for your PM and your phone call, I was away - just send you a PM reply.
As stated, the obligation to the show will prevent me to commit for the length of time you will need me to assist, but hope to meet up with you before the crossing.
Give a call if I can be of any assistance from land during your first leg or so.

What a great adventure that you are about to embark.
Best of thoughts and many well wishes.

Wondering Star
Old 04-09-2012, 12:41   #26

Re: Across Oceans or Down The Coast: Available to Crew Aug to Dec With Some Notice

Hello sunmoon

Sorry for the little delay in my response, I was away.

Thank you kindly for your interest and the invitation to join you.
I have done many voyages, short and long, on a 36' - 40' with 5 and sometimes 6 crew members. Although, the limited space makes things very cozy at times. The right group of people always makes the journey even more fun in other ways, and everyone has little more time to sleep better.

However, because of one more commitment to Annapolis in early October, I will not be available to do any more delivery assistance until October 8.
If this schedule meets your float Plan, you can PM me with the best phone number to reach you.

If interested, may be we can meet or even go out for an early evening sail to become more familiar with each other. I am presently only little north of lower Manhattan on the Hudson.

Cheers
Wondering Star

Tags
crew