Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-04-2013, 17:37   #1

Boat: Hunter 33
Annapolis Area Day Sailing

My wife and I just bought a 2006 Hunter 33. My wife is not a sailor and we are looking for experienced sailors to go day sailing with us while we get up to speed on our new boat.
Old 29-04-2013, 10:40   #2

Re: Annapolis Area Day Sailing

Hi,
I live in Fairfax, teach sailing at Bell Haven and race out of Annapolis. I do Wed Night Racing in Annapolis and could go out some Wed AM or early PM with you before racing. I have some limited weekend availability and would be inclined to bring my gf along, which might be helpful to your wife.
We can exchange contact info if you'd like and perhaps meet for coffee before or a drink after this Wed Night AYC race.
Regards,
John
Old 29-04-2013, 12:49   #3

Boat: Hylas 49

You might want to join Annapolis Sailors Club (Annapolis, MD) - Meetup

We have sailors with all levels of experience. Many are willing to help out. I got my teak sanded and varnished in exchange for a few hours sailing. Great people!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:45   #4

Boat: S2, 9.2, 30 ft
Send a message via Skype™ to RW Sailor

I worked on big sailing boats for several years and did lots of sailing and would be happy to go sailing with you guys! Living aboard in Horn Point Marina...
BUT: My girlfriend is not a sailor either, so maybe we could do a swap every now and then and sail both boats ;-)
just mail me if you're interested! Would be happy to get on the water with some sailor support!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:30   #5

I am interested give me a call howard 6054680176
Old 03-06-2013, 07:01   #6

Hi there, my girlfriend and I would love to go out with you. We're pretty good at providing excellent food and drink for a fun trip. We're in our mid-30's, and relatively responsible. We own our own business so our schedules can be rather flexible which is an important asset in sailing. We'd be up for weekday or weekend trips.

In the spirit of full disclosure I'll tell you there are certainly more experienced sailers on this site, but meeting lots of likeminded folks is what sailing is all about right?

We're coming from Alexandria so we're pretty close by. Give me a ring or shoot me a text. Dan 5713380390.
Old 04-06-2013, 15:42   #7

Boat: Bingham custom cutter rigged 35 loa 28 lod
Send a message via Skype™ to Dean Samuels

My friend and I are currently crew on a trawler in St. Marys County Md and plan to be stopping in Annapolis for at least a few days. We are both avid sailors and have seperatly sailed Central and South America. I have a bit of experience with Hunters, and I am also ASA 104 certified. you can call me at 305-942-3655. I hope we can get together for a day on the water.
Dean
Old 05-06-2013, 05:05   #8

Boat: S2, 9.2, 30 ft
Send a message via Skype™ to RW Sailor

Alright, I am planning on sailing out on Saturday morning around 9 or 10am and be back in the Marina maybe at 6pm (start and end would be Horn point Marina, Annapolis) if one of you wants to join I would be happy to take 1-4 people with me! Just write me a Mail (don't have a phone, otherwise I would have called already)
marinelli.manuel(at)gmail.com

Tags
annapolis, sailing