Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-03-2014, 13:35   #1

Boat: Beneteau 381
Annapolis to Bermuda

Need crew to enter the Annapolis to Bermuda race (and back)in June in a Beneteau 381. Experienced offshore sailors preferred. Share race related expenses by four. Thanks,
Lee
Old 15-03-2014, 14:00   #2

Boat: Gulfstar 43 ketch
Re: Annapolis to Bermuda

When do you anticipate being back?
Old 15-03-2014, 14:11   #3

The race starts on June June 6 and should take two weeks total including layover and return.

Annapolis to Bermuda

Crew of Three Needed - Boats Looking for Crew
Old 16-03-2014, 14:29   #4

I’m a 23 year old male, just finishing up a degree in mechanical engineering and looking to expand my offshore sailing and racing experience. I’ve been sailing dinghys since I was a kid, and have gotten into some J24 beer can races in the past few summers. I have some offshore sailing experience, but not much racing and nothing more than one night sailing. I’m very fit, I rowed competitively for 8 years, so yanking on handles is right in my wheelhouse, and as an engineering student, I can stay up all night too… I can cook reasonably well, and am first aid and STCW-95 certified if it helps. I’m a 23 year old male, just finishing up a degree in mechanical engineering and looking to expand my offshore sailing and racing experience. I’ve been sailing dinghys since I was a kid, and have gotten into some J24 beer can races in the past few summers. I have some offshore sailing experience, but not much racing and nothing more than one night sailing. I’m very fit, I rowed competitively for 8 years, so yanking on handles is right in my wheelhouse, and as an engineering student, I can stay up all night too… I can cook reasonably well, and am first aid and STCW-95 certified if it helps.
- See more at: Harper, Quinn - Newport Bermuda Race
I’m a 23 year old male, just finishing up a degree in mechanical engineering and looking to expand my offshore sailing and racing experience. I’ve been sailing dinghys since I was a kid, and have gotten into some J24 beer can races in the past few summers. I have some offshore sailing experience, but not much racing and nothing more than one night sailing. I’m very fit, I rowed competitively for 8 years, so yanking on handles is right in my wheelhouse, and as an engineering student, I can stay up all night too… I can cook reasonably well, and am first aid and STCW-95 certified if it helps.
Old 16-03-2014, 15:55   #5

Hello, how much do you anticipate for expenses?

I have crewed on several offshore passages, totaling appx. 5,000 nm. Crewed in several races in the Texas J24 circuit (2012) and have crewed in two distance beachcat races.

Know enough to be dangerous but, do my best to follow instructions.
Old 16-03-2014, 16:01   #6

Boat: Gulfstar 43 ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadjiosif View Post
Need crew to enter the Annapolis to Bermuda race (and back)in June in a Beneteau 381. Experienced offshore sailors preferred. Share race related expenses by four. Thanks,
Lee
I am interested. I have June free. Please PM me with details if you are interested and we can talk about my credentials.

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 16-03-2014, 17:46   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpersferry View Post
I’m a 23 year old male, just finishing up a degree in mechanical engineering and looking to expand my offshore sailing and racing experience. I’ve been sailing dinghys since I was a kid, and have gotten into some J24 beer can races in the past few summers. I have some offshore sailing experience, but not much racing and nothing more than one night sailing. I’m very fit, I rowed competitively for 8 years, so yanking on handles is right in my wheelhouse, and as an engineering student, I can stay up all night too… I can cook reasonably well, and am first aid and STCW-95 certified if it helps.
Quinn, Thanks for the interest. You sound like a good prospect. Where do you live now, and will you be able to participate in pre-race practices? Do you have any problem with sharing the race expenses? You can PM me to discuss further if you like.
Lee
S/V Adagio
Old 16-03-2014, 17:54   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanX View Post
Hello, how much do you anticipate for expenses?

I have crewed on several offshore passages, totaling appx. 5,000 nm. Crewed in several races in the Texas J24 circuit (2012) and have crewed in two distance beachcat races.

Know enough to be dangerous but, do my best to follow instructions.
The expenses are estimated at about $2,000 by four, so it's around $500.00 each plus food. Where are you from? I prefer somewhat local crew for pre-race get togethers. Let me know .Lee
Old 16-03-2014, 21:45   #9

Hello Hadjiosif,
I am interested in crewing for the Annapolis to Bermuda race. I am available for the race and the return trip. I have a Masters Captain License power and sail, towing endorsement, active United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, ASA 101 - 105, 20 years experience, physically fit, won two National Wrestling Championships and was on USA World Championship wrestling team, team player, able to share expenses. You can contact me at Michael@captainmichaelkaye.com . Looking forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Michael

Tags
annapolis, Bermuda