Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-09-2011, 17:20   #1

Boat: 1983 Gulfstar 36
Annapolis to Florida

I will be leaving for FL after the Annapolis Power show. About 10/18 for FL. Mostly ICW but outside as weather permits. My "regular crew"...my wife, must stick around untill Dec but I do not wish to leave that late. (It's too cold!) With her permission...I will take the boat to warmer latitudes and she will join me later and move on to the Bahamas as we have done for the last 4 years. I could use a hand with lines , relief steering and sails to florida. If you have never done this trip or are a vereran as I am (12+ trips) it is a very beautiful trip that takes 3-4 weeks as I do not like to push. I do not need a world class sailor, just someone who would like see this unique part of America and can hold a conversation. Comphy Gulfstar 36, fully equipped, AC, Heat, TV, 12' & 8 " chart ploters , Radar etc.

Interested? PM me.

"Yes, well.. perhaps some more wine" (Julia Child)
Old 23-09-2011, 18:27   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36'
Re: Annapolis to FL

Hello,Antares I did the trip only ones it will be great to do it again especially with someone whose done it 12+ times. Currently docked at herrington harbour. I might have to do a overseas trip but I'll be back before the show. I think have seen your boat, are you close to herrington harbour? maybe we can meet and see if I can give you a hand.
Ed
Old 24-09-2011, 11:05   #3

Re: Annapolis to Florida

Ed, I have PM'ed you.

Will

Old 25-09-2011, 13:35   #4

Hi S/V Antares, I have traveled the ICW two times, last in 1999 with my Gulfstar 37 sloop. I could do part of a leg, may a week or two. I live in Severna Park, Dividing Creek. If intersted call me at 410 544 8473.
Regards, Charles
Old 26-09-2011, 10:07   #5

Thanks to all who responded. It looks like I am all set,

Willl Heyer
S/V Antares

Old 01-10-2011, 11:34   #6

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36'

Have a good trip Will. If things do not work out you can always call me. I only need couple days notice to be able to leave work. See u around
Erdal
Old 01-10-2011, 20:19   #7

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lucia 40

I may be able to help for at least portions of the move South. I am a young 52 year old male in very good condition, have an extensive sailng and boating resume, including professional qualifications and licenses. I am proficient in all manor of sail and sailboats up to 75'. I just finished a 3 1/2 weel sail on a 47' catamaran in the BVI down to just off Granada, where I tought the new owner and his daughter how to sail his boat. I can usually get along with nearly anyone and are competent in pretty much any seaway and condition. That said, I prefer taking my time and enjoying the travel, the stops, the food, and the experience. If you are interested I can send my resume and we can see where it goes from there. Thanks,
Mitch

Tags
annapolis, florida