Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2013, 04:32   #1

Another Chance

Good Morning, Let me start out by saying that in 1988 i was 18 years old and I missed the opportunity of a lifetime to sail around the world for 3 years as a crew member aboard a 50ft yacht going out of New Orleans LA. At the time i worked offshore as an ordinary seaman aboard a 210ft oil rig supply boat. Ever since then I promised myself that I would never pass by that opportunity again.. So if anyone out there needs a crew member for a sailing cruise please let me know. I would be available leaving from any port along the gulf coast and all the up the eastern seaboard. You wont be disappointed having me with..Thank You
Old 13-04-2013, 04:43   #2

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane
Re: Another Chance

Welcome aboard, Minn! Just a suggestion...why would you want to spend days on end at sea, rather than island hopping through nice sailing waters? I would rather locally sail the Caribbean, French Polynesia and Australia rather than spending days sailing through blue water to get there; fly/sail combination is the way to go! Have fun! Mauritz
Old 13-04-2013, 05:45   #3

Welcome aboard the CF. If you were like me when I was 18, you wanted to make some money to buy a house, boat, or what have you. So good luck in the adventure seeking.
Old 13-04-2013, 08:01   #4

Location: Everywhere that you want to be! "And, some that you don't!??
Boat: Boston Whaler
Send a message via AIM to UnExCorp Send a message via Skype™ to UnExCorp

Romance of the sea, is what gets us in. Once the/that romance is over, for the most part, it gets us out!

I know a few U.S. Navy men, and one Navy woman -whom, after their tour is over -simply got out "They make their living, Patrolling the Worlds' Oceans! I too, wish to travel around the world, and could indeed buy that of a Yacht (50/60') But, I also come from money and have lived/in around this romance all that of my life. For most, it doesn't last but for some it does. We get all to busy in the "Living of Life" to really have the time to spend all day/night on just that of the sea/Its' a recreation/and can be a very expensive one at that. The gentlemen above, is quite right -If one has the means to do so -but, if you do not -then, yes, boating is the cheapest form with which to Travel Around the World -but one will also miss the opportunities on the interiors of that of the world/Not just seeing the world from anyone single port of call -You do what you can, while god give you the grace and Time with which to do it -ANY WAY YOU CAN!

Live life, you only have One chance, in this world, to do so!

Cheers!

D.T.
Old 15-04-2013, 05:04   #5
Marine Service Provider

Hi there,
Planning a cat sail trip shortly up east coast. Would be happy to chat with you.
Plz drop me a line at sailagalkal ( at) gmail dot com.
Thank you