Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2015, 11:13   #1

Boat: Hanse 415
Anywhere any time in November or later.

Admit it, you have a boat in one place, but you really want that boat in another place. In that other place, the sun is shinier, the rum is tastier, and you are sick of the women in the old place. Since teleportation is not yet invented, and moving of boats is actually a damn fun undertaking, especially under sail, you are thinking that you need to get to this new place, to get at all that tasty rum and the beautiful women. The thing about sailing of boats though, is that it's not something that's done solo, at least not safely, and not over long distances. So you are thinking to yourself: "Where, oh where, can I find some fancy pants, experienced person to help me along."

Along comes this great gentleman, who is 33 years old, with 4 years experience sailing in coastal areas of Cape Cod, San Francisco, and the Caribbean. He can predict tides, read charts, and even cook a little. He is so awesome, he can handle a watch no problem, knows some jokes, responsible under pressure, has his own 40' boat (parked next to bad rum, dim winter sun, and but one really nice woman) and really understands your need to get to that new sunny place.

So you are thinking that this great gentleman is the perfect fit for your move to sunnier shores. If I could only contact him! Easy, my friend, all you have to do is PM on this forum, and he will respond with an email. Just like that, you are practically already there, in that new place, sipping that good rum!
Old 14-10-2015, 11:52   #2

Re: Anywhere any time in November or later.

Sailing beginning of january from panama slowly to mexico share food I take care of boatexpes boat is a 44.7 norsman
Old 17-10-2015, 20:02   #3

How soon are you available? My associate has a 36' trawler leaving out of New Jersey to Rockport Texas within few days
Old 18-10-2015, 06:24   #4

Any time after November 17th.
Old 18-10-2015, 06:31   #5

Hi Marko10,
When are you available? I have an associate leaving NJ having just acquired a 36 Trawler and needing to cruise to Rockport Tx. asap. He is in route to the boat to prepare for trip/. I am the contact person for now.
email or call 802-744-2050
Thanks Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by markol0 View Post
Admit it, you have a boat in one place, but you really want that boat in another place. In that other place, the sun is shinier, the rum is tastier, and you are sick of the women in the old place. Since teleportation is not yet invented, and moving of boats is actually a damn fun undertaking, especially under sail, you are thinking that you need to get to this new place, to get at all that tasty rum and the beautiful women. The thing about sailing of boats though, is that it's not something that's done solo, at least not safely, and not over long distances. So you are thinking to yourself: "Where, oh where, can I find some fancy pants, experienced person to help me along."

Along comes this great gentleman, who is 33 years old, with 4 years experience sailing in coastal areas of Cape Cod, San Francisco, and the Caribbean. He can predict tides, read charts, and even cook a little. He is so awesome, he can handle a watch no problem, knows some jokes, responsible under pressure, has his own 40' boat (parked next to bad rum, dim winter sun, and but one really nice woman) and really understands your need to get to that new sunny place.

So you are thinking that this great gentleman is the perfect fit for your move to sunnier shores. If I could only contact him! Easy, my friend, all you have to do is PM on this forum, and he will respond with an email. Just like that, you are practically already there, in that new place, sipping that good rum!
Old 28-10-2015, 10:20   #6

Are you willing to crew without pay but expenses covered? Need help bringing a 40ft power boat 4000 miles from Anacortes, WA to Salinas, Ecuador departing around mid-November.
Old 28-10-2015, 11:00   #7

Willing to crew without pay. But looking for sail experience and have a limit of about two weeks for the total trip.
Old 28-10-2015, 11:08   #8

Ok. That puts us out. It's a power boat and there is no way anyone could make a 4000 mile trip in 2 weeks at 10 knots. Thanks anyway!
Old 29-10-2015, 07:37   #9
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Leopard 47 cat

I have a 47 foot Leopard Cat and I am in Grenada. I am looking to move the boat up to St Martin or BVI's mid November to do some captain only charters. Right now it looks like the week of November 9th or so......
It should be a comfortable beam reach of just over 3 days if the wind is right. I typically single hand her but want to make this trip in one shot.
Let me know your thoughts.