Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 04:26   #1

Anywhere in Europe or Beyond!

Hi my name is lizzie and I am planning on sailing from 1st june to 20th sep. I want to mile build, build on experience in different boats and work towards my day skipper. I am enthusiastic, I love a challenge and have a passion for sailing. If you require a hard working member of crew to help on deliveries or crossings or just holiday sailing please email me on elizabethwalton@live.co.uk,
Thanks,
Lizzie
Old 05-05-2014, 01:28   #2

Boat: Dufour 32 Integral
Re: anywhere in Europe or beyond!

I plan to leave Gosport on 3rd June for Ouistreham, spending the D-Day weekend there so alternatively you could join there on the 7th. Then a leisurely passage round Brittany to the Morbihan, to get there not later than the end of June. I usually record all joint expenses and divide them up at the end, but I will keep to the forum rules and not charge more than £15 per day. I have a lifting keel and so try to find anchorages rather than marinas for preference, which also helps to keep the cost down. I would expect you to pay for your travel to and from the yacht.
Hope this suits. If so, please tell me about your sailing experience and background.
Colin Colby
Old 05-05-2014, 04:06   #3

That sounds great and I would be able to sail from the 3rd june, I have sailed for 2 years aprox within a project based in southampton called the rona trust sailing project, I have worked my way up and I have taught on the 62-75ft yachts on 3 seperate weeks teaching crew how to sail the boat (this is as a watch leader). This year I have also worked on a training weekend, training new watch leaders how to do the role. We generally sail to cherburg, channel islands, Weymouth, yarmouth, gosport etc.
I sailed in the tall ships races last summer in the baltic from finland to latvia to poland on a class D oyster 68' called Rona II who is in the project. I have never sailed further than the channel islands so going the otherside would be great!
I am working towards my day skipper and need lots of experience in the practical area, im not very rich and I could probably afford 15 a day but I would really like to get a good experience out of it. I was wondering what boat you have an how many other people would be sailing? Cheers, lizzie

Sent from my SM-T310 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 05-05-2014, 15:14   #4

Thanks for a positive reply. My yacht is a Dufour 32, not quite in the league of some you have sailed, but goes well enough and has been up to the Frisian islands and down to La Rochelle so I am happy with her seaworthiness. At present my wife and a male friend are the outward crew, but he leaves in Ouistreham and she has to get back home for our dog a few days later, so after that the crew is just me and any other volunteers who might reply as you have, although I have a friend who is planning to join in Roscoff. So I can offer you a berth for certain to Ouistreham, but it would only be two up, day sailing on each leg until Roscoff, at present. I have other friends who are available in July but not before, so the Brittany trip would have to be postponed until then if this plan is not viable. If you want to take this trip, I suggest you could reply to my e-mail address colbyc@talktalk.net to make life easier.
A little about me - I am a retired Naval engineer, with 2 sons and 5 grandchildren, and have been sailing in a variety of yachts since my teens, being an owner since the 1970's.
I taught my elder son for his coastal skipper's exam, so I would be happy to help you with your studies as well.
I hope this suits.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:20   #5

Having spoken about the matter of costs with my financial manager (!!) I am now happy to cover all your and the yacht's expenses during the trip, to make life easier for you. Because of the increased security for D-Day I need your passport number, please; happy you send it to my e-mail address as being more secure, or you could phone on 02392 588267.

Tags
Europe, rope, europe