Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2011, 02:33   #16

Re: Around the World Sailing

Hey there, I am available from 2nd September and really up for the Atlantic Crossing if I can grab a spot on ya boat?
Sounds like you guys are having fun!

Georgi
Old 24-07-2011, 02:30   #17

Send a message via Skype™ to denizm

hello,
If I am not mistaking, I've replied to your message sometime ago and received your response.
I would like to join you in italy in the first week of august.
and I am now preparing for this.
As I understand I will make my own way but I need to discuss other details to ensure.
Could we please discuss ?

thanking you
Old 25-07-2011, 16:12   #18

Send a message via Skype™ to coralfisch

Buon Giorno crew Maramu,
Greetings,

A current graduate student at Hunter College in NYC, I will be continuing my Masters program at the Universitat der Kunst in Berlin, so I'd like to get some sailing in before October. I've grown up sailing schooners and yachts, have sailed New England, South Pacific, Caribbean, Azores and two Trans-Atlantics on an 82' Schooner. I'm also an excellent cook (my mother was a chef) who is fluent in English, Italian, Spanish, and learning German. I can send more information if you have availability for the Mallorca passage to the Canary Islands. I can pay my way, and am always eager to help. Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to meeting up with you!

Thank you,
Coralina Meyer
Old 04-08-2011, 02:16   #19

Hi, my name is Joe Brown and I'm a 30 year old ex british soldier who really wants to learn to sail. It is my dream to join a trip like yours! I'm just starting out but I'm a hard worker and fast learner. It would be great if you would consider me for your trip, please let me know as soon as poss thanks.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:41   #20

Boat: Amel Maramu 1978 46'

Good Day to All, We are currently in Ibiza, so my computer contacts for the next 2 weeks will be sporadic. We have crew positions available after the 14th of August. Planning the 3rd leg of our journey around Mallorca and Menorca. Then heading towards the Spanish coast, passing the straight of Gibilterra around the 12th of September. Anyone desiring to board, can call +39.347.9267989.
Old 05-08-2011, 22:22   #21

I'll be doing a cycling trip around europe this September 2011. Not sure where I'll be, but I will be looking for a way back to the Americas come november. Please PM me asap. I've got some sailing experience on smaller boats (J12's, 16' lasers, 22' hunter, and 26' pearson, and also a 18' sol cat) I've never been offshore, but I'm adventurous and love to try anything out that doesn't make me go broke. I'm 23, well traveled, and incredibly easy to get along with. I've backpacked in 35 different countries and still know how to shower and shave.

If you prefer to email me, Paul B Frost (at) gmail (dot) com
Old 07-08-2011, 17:15   #22

I'm currently in morocco looking for a way to the Americas, preferably the Virgin Islands or Florida.
I have experience on sailboats, motor yachts and mega yachts and have lived extensively and traveled on all. My sailing experience is minimal, however, I highly desire to learn. I've spent a lot of time offshore, also on a variety of boats from 27' to 120' for up to 2 weeks at a time during travel. I have experience in keeping watch, cleaning exterior and interior, polishing, etc.
I wish to depart Morocco in late Spetember but im open to whatever you might have to offer. Let me know what you think! I'm a 24 year old female with a guitar, I also enjoy surfing, traveling and meeting new people!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:08   #23

Hi Barbara & Stefano,

Hope you're both well, sounds like you're having an incredible time in the Med!

My girlfriend, Yazmin, and I are a couple of Brits available to crew/clean/cook/have a laugh with from late Sept/early Oct this year for the transatlantic passage.

We're RYA qualified to Competent Crew level and, although we're currently in London, we can meet you wherever you are in the Mediterranean before you hit the open seas.

A bit more about us...

Tom
- Lives: London
- Current Job: Social Media & Events Executive
- Education: 1st BA (Hons) Advertising Degree, 3 X A-Levels, 1 X AS-Level, 9 X GCSEs
- Loves: Sailing, Scuba Diving, Wakeboarding, Surfing, Skateboarding, Snowboarding
- Hates: Goat's cheese, anything that's been near goat's cheese, goats
- Travel Experience: Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Australia, Thailand, Malaysia, Malaysian Borneo, Singapore, Caribbean (Antigua & Grenada), Europe (various)

Yaz
- Lives: London
- Current Job: Public Relations & Event Management
- Education: 2:2 BA (Hons) Journalism Degree, 3 X A-Levels, 1 X AS-Level, 9 X GCSEs
- Loves: Sailing, Scuba Diving, Photography, Dolphins, Turtles, Travelling, Goat's Cheese
- Hates: London Underground, Mosquitos, the cold
- Travel Experience: Thailand, Malaysia, Malaysian Borneo, Singapore, Caribbean (Antigua & Cuba), Europe (various), USA (New York), Sri Lanka

Let us know if you have space for us when crossing the Atlantic and we'll brush up on our (very) limited Italian!

Thanks,

Tom

tom [dot] harvey [at] me [dot] com
Old 08-08-2011, 12:23   #24

Hi Stefano,

I'd be extremely interested in joining for the transatlantic leg of your jurney. I've also sent you a private message, so please let me know if you're still looking for cew.

Best,

Zander
Old 19-08-2011, 09:55   #25

Hi,
My name is David Leggitt. I am looking for an adventurous boat to crew on this winter for a few months. I have a bit of experience on a 26’ sloop in the waters around Juneau, Alaska and in the Pacific coast of Panama. I have also been taking friends out on a 16’ Hobie Cat on the lakes of northern Arizona where I live and work as a seasonal wildland firefighter in the summers. I only work for half of the year so I have the rest off to make my own adventures. I have spent most of my life working and playing in the outdoors. I have experience leading river and mule packing trips into remote locations for multiple days. I can cook, I can clean, I have basic knowledge of small motors and pumps, I am Wilderness First Responder certified (an 80 hour course dealing specifically with medical emergencies in remote locations), I am confidant sailing small craft in light winds but I love the thrill of high winds and high seas and am eager to learn more. I am available after mid-October and I would like to be home for the holidays but if things are good I can skip that. I can meet you wherever you are and can contribute to costs aboard the boat. I have a valid passport and can speak passable Spanish. Give me a call at 818 939 2635 or e-mail me at dj_leggitt@yahoo.com (because of my work schedule I might not respond for a week or two, but I will respond). Thanks for your time.
Cheers,
David
Old 21-08-2011, 02:33   #26

Hello to all sailors again, I am back, unfortunately, in my adopted city of Vicenza, having completed the 4th leg of our journey. (Eolian Islands, Sardegnia, Balearics). The boat performed beautifully and the crew were brillant. Having said that,.....

We need crew for the 5th leg of our adventure. Mallorca - Cost Blanc - Cost del Sol - Gibilterra - Cadice - Madeira - Canary. Starting the 26th of August until ..... that's up to you. 20 euro daily cost for boat expenses + plus divided daily food/ gas and eventual marinas.

I will be contacting those interested in the Atlantic passage shortly. Barbara
Old 21-08-2011, 03:18   #27

I have gotten a bit off track. If I have missed anyone, I apologize. My e-mail address is bb16negri@alice.it
Old 22-08-2011, 08:40   #28

ciao a tutti,
sarei interessata a fare la traversata atlantica...che mi pare di capire abbiate intenzione di fare at some point (quando esattamente!)...
Mi fate sapere se c'è disponibilità e tempistiche?
grazie ciao
laura
PS attualmente sono in sicilia 335 7584403
Old 22-08-2011, 10:40   #29

Ciao Laura, è prevista la traversata 15 Novembre da Las Palmas. Navigiamo verso S per Capo Verde, fermandoci qualche giorno, poi prosegiamo per le Grenada. 20 euro al di per la barca + divisione spese vive. L' equipaggio è multinazionale, Inglese e Italiano le lingue piu parlato. Ho gia 5 imbarchi, prendo al max 7. B
Old 23-08-2011, 00:23   #30

ciao
grazie per la pronta risposta.
Adesso dove siete?
quali sono le tempistiche per arrivare a Las Palmas, ovvero quanto tempo contate di stare fermi laggiu prima di traversare?
giusto per capire se magari mi posso "aggregare" gia dal mediterraneo...

avete un numero di telefono dove vi posso chiamare, da domani difficilmente avro accesso a internet per temo qualche settimana il mio cell italiano e 335 7584403 la mia e mail mavalaa@gmail.com

vorrei avere anche un idea del budget complessivo da mettere in conto, ovvero quanti gg credete prenda la traversata, e in linea di massima una quantificazione delle spese oltre i 20E

E ancora arrivati dall'altra parte che programmi avete?

un sacco di domande, mi rendo conto...:-)

attendo news
GRAZIE

ciao
laura

PS ottimo international crew: vivo fuori dall'Italia dal '96, si continua la tradizione!
ciaoooooo

Quote:
hello
thanks for the prompt reply.
Now where are you?
what are the timelines to arrive in Las Palmas, or how long you plan to stay still over there before crossing?
just to see if maybe I can "aggregate" already from the Mediterranean ...

you have a phone number where I can call you, tomorrow I will have difficult access to the internet for a few weeks I'm afraid my cell 335 7584403 Italian and my e mail mavalaa@gmail.com

I also have an idea of ​​the overall budget to take into account, ie how many days do you think takes the crossing, and in principle, a quantification of the costs over 20E

And yet reached the other side, which programs do you have?

a lot of questions, I realize ...:-)

await news
THANKS

hello
laura

PS great international crew: live outside Italy since '96, we continue the tradition!
ciaoooooo

Tags
sailing, round the world