Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-05-2014, 03:59   #1

Boat: Saltram Saga 40
Atlantic crossing Canaries to Caribbean Jan 2015

Kate and I are competent coastal sailors, happy with 3 to 5 day passages, seeking someone with ocean sailing experience. We will pay for all normal cruising expenses and flights for the right person. Our boat is a Saltram Saga 40 built in 1995 in excellent condition. Look forward to hearing from you. Phil
Old 14-05-2014, 13:14   #2

Re: Atlantic crossing Canaries to Caribbean Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil11 View Post
Kate and I are competent coastal sailors, happy with 3 to 5 day passages, seeking someone with ocean sailing experience. We will pay for all normal cruising expenses and flights for the right person. Our boat is a Saltram Saga 40 built in 1995 in excellent condition. Look forward to hearing from you. Phil
Dear Kate and Phil,
I have noticed your note on cruiser forum, deciding to write you this reply.
I have Yachtmaster Ocean qualifications, crossing Atlantic from West to East last year. I am planning next trip in two weeks from Azores to Spain.
Based on my experiences from Atlantic crossing you need mainly combination of yachting and weather prediction skills as well as experiences in mechanical and eletronics repairs. Though it is said, that route from West to East is much easier..
I am surprised by your timing. Usual timing is November, December considering alignment with ARC.
Though I am not English native speaker (living in Czech Republic), I work in english speaking environment. Apart from yachting skills, I have practice in yacht repairs, particularly electronic(for instance last year I repaired our autopilot in Bermuda, facing refusal in the dockyards...)
Last year I have spent a lot of time on Ocean Weather Forecasting, using also 500 Mb hight weather charts, practicing during our crossing reception of weather faxes. I have great experiences in cellestial navigation, which I can share. I think, that I am easy going responsible person. I have a family, so I always bring with me satelite phone, keeping in touch with my wife and two daughters.
Apart from yachting I like to play with my children, skiing, snowboarding, cycling... I can cook, but mostly unhealthy (but very good) Czech meals.
I can provide my sailing CV with all qualifications and experiences.
Best regards,
Jiri
Old 15-05-2014, 03:01   #3

Boat: Saltram Saga 40
Re: Atlantic crossing Canaries to Caribbean Jan 2015

Hi Jiri please send your CV to us at philbatch111 @gmail.com. Thanks Phil

Tags
aries, atlantic crossing, Canaries, Caribbean, rib