Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2015, 08:57   #1

Atlantic crossing U.S./Caribbean to Europe

Hello,

I'm a 30 year old woman of Indian origin born and raised in the U.S. I am healthy, hard working, non smoking, don't do drugs, don't drink except for an occasional glass of wine. I have some sailing experience and good references.

My good friend Pete is also available if you want 2 crew who get along and can share a berth.

I'm looking for an unpaid position crewing on a sailing vessel from the U.S./Caribbean to Europe in May/June 2015. My goal is to travel sustainably to visit and volunteer at various ecovillage projects in Europe. I am willing to travel to the starting point if it seems like a good fit, and I'm flexible on where exactly we hit land.

Safety is a big priority for me.. I expect that you have EPIRB, freshly inspected liferaft, SSB transceiver, for example.

I have about 800 NM sailing experience. I recently crewed on a shakedown on a sailing vessel from Port St. Joe, Florida to Marathon, FL... together with my then-partner, I managed the food, shopping, cooking, cleaning, cat care, deckhand tasks like trimming sails, pulling up anchor (manual), fixing things that broke, and helped with sail repair. I also crewed from the Dominican Republic to the Bahamas.

I'm skilled in cooking (especially plant-based and raw foods), hospitality, cleaning, nannying, sewing and solar electric systems. I am physically capable and hard working. I'm traveling the world to live in intentional communities and permaculture projects. I am interested in low-impact travel, gardening, gift economy, languages (I speak Spanish and Hindi, learning French), nonviolent communication and being around people in general =). I do value alone time and don't need constant companionship.

I'm NOT looking for romance, and I expect the same from you.

-Anita
anitabudhraja at gmail dot com
+1-415-439-0046

Tags
atlantic crossing, Caribbean, Europe, rib, rope