Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-03-2015, 09:44   #1

available transatlantic U.S. or carib. to Europe

i'm joining the ranks of inexperienced but enthusiastic young people looking for volunteer crew positions across the atlantic this coming may. i see on this site that it's a bit of a buyer's market. i'm 20, i have 10 nights of sailing experience, and if you could use a good crew member feel free to get in touch and we can discuss it.
best reached by email at adamriggen at rocketmail dot com.
all the best,
adam
Old 20-03-2015, 08:39   #2

Re: available transatlantic U.S. or carib. to Europe

here's a little more information about myself, my experience, my hopes and dreams, and a photo.
i am from vermont and am currently attending the university of vermont with a broad focus on heterodox economics, including ecological economics and marxism. when i'm not studying that stuff, i work as a carpenter's apprentice, study woodworking at a local design/build school, and sing with a folk music choir.
when classes end on april 29th, i am heading to denmark to apprentice under a master brewer who is starting a brewery on the island of bornholm in the baltic. my hope is to join a boat on their passage from the u.s. across the atlantic, to gain some nautical miles and sailing experience as well as being very wet and cold.
my sailing experience includes around 500 miles in the north atlantic sailing from lisbon to essaoirra, morocco on a 13 meter caroff albion. i am comfortable keeping watch, steering a course, and dodging freighters.
i am intelligent, cool-headed, endowed with common sense, and a sense of humor. i expect to help out with all aspects of sailing a boat, and to contribute to food and fuel expenses (or rather, the payment of those expenses).
i hope to find a boat leaving from the u.s. east coast. however, i understand most boats are departing from the indies; i might be able to meet you there or in bermuda.
at any rate, i would love to speak with you on the phone if you might be interested, even tentatively--i feel that you would be glad you reached out. feel free to email me with a phone number or give me a call directly at (802) 272-0677.
many thanks, and hopefully, see you in the azores.
cheers,
adam riggen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adam_Riggen.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	336.2 KB
ID:	99102  

Tags
Europe, rib, rope