Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-03-2010, 15:02   #1

Boat: Still Looking!!
Bahamas to Chesapeake Bay

I am looking for one / couple crew to sail on a Beneteau 411 around the Abacos in April for a week or so and then cross over to Chesapeake Bay.

Previous sailing experience is a must. Non-smoker preferred. Private aft cabin and bathroom available - crew to pay their own expenses.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:46   #2

Hi,

I am interested in your crew position. I'm a 52 yo male, married, family physician, with several weeks unexpectedly on my hands (due to a job change and paperwork lag). I grew up sailing dinghies, and have chartered 28-40 ft. sloops for coastal cruising in Maine for 1-2 weeks every summer for the past 10 years (usually as crew, sometimes as skipper).

Non-smoker, no drugs, light drinker. Recently moved to NH, where I will be joining the faculty at Dartmouth Medical School. Have passport, and can be available as soon as I can get a flight to where you are. Would probably need to be back in NH by end of April, but this may be negotiable.

I realize I am working on very short notice, but I plan to put out lots of inquiries and see what comes back. Please email me with any questions you have for me or other details about your plans.

Thanks,

Gilliam Johnston
Lyme, NH
Old 10-04-2010, 15:50   #3

Boat: Still Looking!!
Hi Gilliam

Thank you for your response. I am not sure we can fit into your time requirements. We are now planning to sail back at the end of April / start of May, but we plan to wait for the ideal weather window since we have the time.

Good luck with your plans

Stephen
Old 18-04-2010, 13:00   #4

Boat: Jeanneau 43DS
Send a message via Skype™ to scotttobin
Hi Stephen,

Are you still looking for crew? If so, I'd be interested in possibly joining you. I have sailing experience, but no open water experience. I recently retired from the Air Force and hoped to crew with someone to get a little open water experience before I consider going back to work.

I'm a non-smoker, physically fit, very active, comfortable around boats, mechanically inclined, willing to help with all aspects of caring for the boat, and very eager to learn. Please let me know if you'd like to talk further. I'd be glad to give you my cell number, or I'm also available on Skype as well.

Thanks,
Scott

Tags
Bahamas, chesapeake bay