Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2013, 20:07   #1

Boat: Nordhavn 5740
Bahamas, Winter 2013-2014

Experienced captain and cook needed for the winter of 2013-14 in the Bahamas. These positions are for a married couple or a couple in a long term relationship. Employment would start sometime in October 2013, in Florida, and continue until at least June 2014. Pay to reflect the experience of the successful applicants.
We are a couple in our 60s who are purchasing a Privilege 615 catamaran. This is our 10th yacht and we have 30,000+ miles offshore in 30+ years of boating. We are looking for crew who can sail, navigate, maintain, clean, prepare simple meals and perform any and all other tasks commensurate for a yacht of this size and caliber. Non-smokers only please.
Please submit a short resume to include educational background, brief mention of non-sailing work experience and sailing experience.
We will only correspond through PMs and as we travel a lot please be patient as regards us replying.
Old 16-08-2013, 16:36   #2

Re: Bahamas, Winter 2013-2014

Hello there, my partner and I would be very interested in the couple position you have advertised. We are both RYA Ocean skippers with commercial endorsements and have a lot of experience in work of this kind. We are both eligible for the necessary visas to work in the US and would be prepared to cover the cost of obtaining such a visa if the job was offered. We make a very professional team and are both passionate sailors and interesting people! Please contact me on sailing4joy@outlook.com and I can send you our CVs. Looking forward to hearing from you. Charlie and Joy
Old 16-08-2013, 19:16   #3

Boat: voyage 580 catamaran
Pm sent
Old 26-08-2013, 07:57   #4

PM sent !!
Old 28-08-2013, 15:27   #5

Boat: Nordhavn 5740

Unfortunately the yacht we were attempting to purchase showed major problems at survey. Accordingly we are not going ahead with the purchase.
We therefore do not need crew at this time but will re-post if another yacht is purchased.
Thanks to all who responded.
Old 28-08-2013, 17:25   #6
Marine Service Provider

675 views in a short period....send us your resume, details etc etc.....but ooops...we have not bought the boat yet...that's just a minor detail to some but I think it's rather presumptuous---and not even a survey.....but thanks anyhow! Bahamas next winter....perhaps...but do you think you could take possession of the boat first? There are three of these in Florida for sale now on Yachtworld approaching 2 million dollars and now we all know that one of them just failed survey! Try the other two, but please next time, may I suggest that it makes more sense and would be more appropriate to actually buy the boat first and then advertise for the positions...thank you.

Tags
Bahamas