Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-07-2012, 22:34   #31
Eternal Member

Boat: 30' William Atkin cutter
Send a message via ICQ to wolfenzee
Re: Bi or Gay Crew Wanted

On a boat two guys living together are perceived as just two guys living on a boat...unlike the terrestrial perception of the same circumstance. One of those boat "who gives a toss" things.
Being successful couple on a boat is tough and the gay couples on boats I have seen are shown the same respect as any other couple.
Old 21-07-2012, 12:52   #32

Well things have changed a lot. I sold the boats in key west and bought a other Trimaran. Sill could use a crewman or two. Plan now is some coastal then decide go west or south. I'm in San Diego now.

As per your question I would prefer a all male crew plus I think a female would prefer a female crew
Old 22-07-2012, 18:13   #33
Eternal Member

Though I eventually want someone to sail into the sunset with, for now I just want someone to sail to SF with, preferably someone to do some sailing with and getting the boat ready in August.
Old 29-07-2012, 11:02   #34

What is your time schedule since I'm on the west coast now give me a call 561 255 0889
Old 31-07-2012, 05:35   #35

Hay!
I will be happy to join you! I'm Bi, not Gay and I'm Chief Officer? working on board of bulkcarriers 40 - 50000 mts DWT.
Old 03-09-2012, 15:26   #36

Boat: Com-pac 16 & Pearson Ensign

Wish I could join either of you. Currently too involved with my mate. Trying to make a sailor of him.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:25   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas5131 View Post
Wish I could join either of you. Currently too involved with my mate. Trying to make a sailor of him.

So this could be great! For sure! ))
Old 04-09-2012, 15:49   #38

Send a message via Skype™ to easydoesit
Re: Bi or Gay crew wanted

how can i get a hold of you. i would like to learn how to sail. and i would like to take an adventrue by sea. my email is sinitonga1@yahoo.com please contact me. Im in puerto vallarta looking to go tonga.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:08   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by easydoesit
how can i get a hold of you. i would like to learn how to sail. and i would like to take an adventrue by sea. my email is sinitonga1@yahoo.com please contact me. Im in puerto vallarta looking to go tonga.
I'm now in San Diego, and have bought another Trimaran. I have the Maritime Museum researching her to find out if she is a Piver Encore or a Piver Quest. She was finished in 1985. She is sloop rigged with beefed up rigging.

Going to strip the nasty Green she was painted and back to a nice white.

So anyone just want to go sailing or make the trip to Samoa let me know.

Also is anyone familiar with these two designs.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:55   #40
Armchair Bucketeer

If any of you guys (and gals) also admire a nicely shaped bucket - then Cruisers & Sailing Forums - The International Bucketeer Squadron! is non-denominational and open to all shapes and sizes .

Old 04-10-2012, 10:25   #41
Marine Service Provider

If we are each looking for either a boat or a crew position, why does our sexual orientation matter? Perhaps what you are looking for is someone who is accepting of or tolerant toward Gays and Lesbians. Is that what you meant? Or are you looking for an intimate partner of a particular orientation to join you on your boat? Is that more important than sailing or other skills? Either way is of course completely fine but I found your ad confusing and would respectfully suggest that you be clear in what you are seeing--or who you are seeking. Just imagine if the ad read "Heterosexual or white crew wanted." If a gay or lesbian person wanted good crew, why would that crewperson's orientation matter unless sex and intimacy were part of the deal? I am just asking for clarity. I'm certainly a tolerant and friendly person and I'd be interested in crewing perhaps, but not necessarily with a "s" in front of it, if you'll pardon my wit. I hope my request seems reasonable.Thank you.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:39   #42
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Annapolis View Post
Either way is of course completely fine but I found your ad confusing........

.......... I'm certainly a tolerant and friendly person and I'd be interested in crewing perhaps, but not necessarily with a "s" in front of it, if you'll pardon my wit. I hope my request seems reasonable.Thank you.
I think that puts ya into the category of "Curious" .

Just sayin'

Old 04-10-2012, 11:48   #43
Eternal Member

For the first leg of my trip I don't care about the crew's leanings....for the second leg I want more than just someone to take the helm...I want companion that I can develop a bond with and share my dream (there is more to being gay than the gender of the person you have physical relations with).
Old 04-10-2012, 20:14   #44

I dream of one day sailing (hence my username, hehe). I don't have too much experience except in a Sunfish and a small Catalina. I am pretty handy though and I love boats and the ocean. Actually, one of my hobbies is building model boats until I am older (I am 20) and can have a real one. I am hardworking and willing to learn. If anyone is planning any trips for the summer (I am in college) and is looking for some crew, I am interested in learning. Best, Leo
Old 05-10-2012, 00:44   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Annapolis View Post
If we are each looking for either a boat or a crew position, why does our sexual orientation matter? Perhaps what you are looking for is someone who is accepting of or tolerant toward Gays and Lesbians. Is that what you meant? Or are you looking for an intimate partner of a particular orientation to join you on your boat? Is that more important than sailing or other skills? Either way is of course completely fine but I found your ad confusing and would respectfully suggest that you be clear in what you are seeing--or who you are seeking. Just imagine if the ad read "Heterosexual or white crew wanted." If a gay or lesbian person wanted good crew, why would that crewperson's orientation matter unless sex and intimacy were part of the deal? I am just asking for clarity. I'm certainly a tolerant and friendly person and I'd be interested in crewing perhaps, but not necessarily with a "s" in front of it, if you'll pardon my wit. I hope my request seems reasonable.Thank you.

So, my opinion here especialy sex and intimacy is the part of the deal and meenining of present theme... ))

Tags
crew, gay, wanted