Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2015, 04:48   #1

Boat: Lagoon 42
Boat au-pair

We are liveaboards looking for an au-pair for our 6 month old son. The job would be for 3 months in southern Spain then maybe 1 month in Mallorca / Ibiza and open ended after that.
The offer is for room and board and a small weekly allowance in exchange for childcare for 6 hours per day, 6 days per week and babysitting 3 nights per week.
The person we are looking for needs to have experience with young children and be familiar with life on a boat. We require at least 2 childcare references.
Non smoker. Fit and active person preferred.
We speak English and Spanish on board.
Thanks all!
Old 11-04-2015, 06:10   #2
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: Boat au-pair

Someone was asking about being a liveaboard nanny a couple of months ago. Maybe check the older crew posts.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:49   #3

Boat: 45' CC ketch

Looks like she did not post the ad, but here is the link to the discussion.
Old 13-04-2015, 06:59   #4

Boat au-pair / nanny

Still looking for a suitable ships nanny, thank you.

We are liveaboards looking for an au-pair for our 6 month old son. The job would be initially for 3 months in southern Spain then maybe 1 month in Mallorca / Ibiza and open ended after that.
The offer is for room and board and a small weekly allowance in exchange for childcare for 6 hours per day, 6 days per week and babysitting 3 nights per week.
The person we are looking for needs to have experience with young children and be familiar with life on a boat. We require at least 2 childcare references.
Non smoker. Fit and active person preferred.
We speak English and Spanish on board.
Thanks all!
Old 15-04-2015, 10:20   #5

I would like to be considered for the position.
I have years of live aboard and cruising experience. I am registered nurse and pilates instructor. I am extremely fit and high energy. I speak passable Spanish and lived in Marbella for 6 months in 2014. I can even dance a bit of flamenco!
I love children and watching them is not a job but a pleasure. He would be the grandchild I will never have. I do not have any references to give you for child care except my daughter who I believe is the best reference. If you are already in southern Spain you can check with the folks at the Mariposa Charity Shop in Orange Square in Marbella as to my character. I volunteered there for 6 months.
Please let me know if you are interested in knowing more about me and I will forward a proper resume to you.
Adios, Mary Lou
Old 15-04-2015, 11:08   #6

Boat: Tinker Traveller...a dozen feet of bluewater awesomeness!

Flamenco on GRP? Is that okay?
Old 15-04-2015, 11:55   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

my daughter might be interested when would you need her to start?
she is 20,and has lived on a boat all her life,as well as worked as an au-pair last year in france,references available.
Old 18-04-2015, 11:32   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to pedroledesma

Hello , I'm Looking for a position as a amateur crew for July and august , I have been sailing in the BVI with my family during several years from Tortola till st. John at least tree years for 30 days each time , and anther two years in the Granadines , I/m in use of this waters , also I have been sailing in Greece during 4 years from Khalamari till Thira and also to Corfu and Pelonesus , Im handy n the boat procedures and also I have a easy going character , I am hard-working and trustworthy, I always put a lot of effort and care into the work I do. Im studing now industrial engineering in Spain , I spoke english , german and spanish ,
I like to cook and willing always to help.
I'm a easy going person , trusty and responsible , I'm frienly and very sporty , I have been a rugby captain and loves sports, I have also a skipper broad experience , I m a Paddy diver and like Skying .
I have been working in taking care of kids as baby sitting during the last 3 years , and taking care and helping them with their lessons , I like to work with kids and play with them .
I have a driver licence since 3 years ago and my own car withouth any incident reported , and I can be an asistan, taking care of shopping , schools route or where ever you want ,Also I like to cook bassically spanish and italian food and some currys.
I´m very responsible and very adaptable .I speak spanish , Germán and english. I can be a big brother for your kids , that is what I would like more, to feel like at home with my brother Jaime or my little cousins , sail and live with an english speaker doing what I love : sailing .
I have written references of my Jesuist school were I study as for my tutor classes and from two enterprisses in which I work as assistand and as catering waiter and as a steward .
Waiting your news and thanks for reading my message.
Best regards from Spain

Pedro Rodriguez de Ledesma
if you want to contact me prl1694 @gmail.com
My skippe number Charo.jimenez21
Old 18-04-2015, 12:25   #9

Hi Pedro, thanks for your response. We have just found someone locally today. Good luck with your next sailing adventure!