Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2011, 21:15   #31

Re: BVI Yacht Preparations for Voyage

I'm currently in Guatemala after floating in from Cancun last April.
If you need the help crossing the big water let me know.
I have experience and skills.
Been waiting out hurricane season here and ready to get back on the water. Anyone else who needs help, please chime in.
rpvaip@yahoo.com
Old 27-10-2011, 14:48   #32
Marine Service Provider

I will try and pm some people that have posted and i have met so many great people in my journneys that i cant fit everyone on board, so this posting has only been used for information, very valuable information! with all the planning your australian registration takes time, but being stuck in the Virgin islands is great! see all you on the water.
Old 27-10-2011, 21:50   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnado View Post
Hi i am a 34 year old Aussie picking up a beneteau 393 in the BVI on 20th September 2011, i don't have heaps of experiance but believe doing it is the best way to get that experiance, if you know the best spots around the BVI or want to get some adventure sailing and exploring the area after this date let me know?

i will be preparing the boat and figuring out what does what, so i will have some work to do, not sure how much at this stage. so if you have done this before feel free to give some pointers, charts even!

I have a crew member landing acouple of weeks later and then we are going to make my way towards Australia via Panama and south pacific, but not locking in any crew for the journey to OZ at this stage, i will be taking it day by day, may not even leave the caribbean!

I look forward to seing if there is anyone in the BVI interested after the 20th September.

Dan
Hi,
I have been travelling South America since last Dec when my trip began in Buenos Aires. Like all the good things my trip is coming to its end asnd I thought it would be great to learn sailing and having a good time while helping out on a sailing boat in the Cribbean. I have no previous experience but eager to learn! I like all kinds of adventures/ activities, have no problem with sharing expences as long as those are reasonable. Please contact me on lellsson@hotmail.com
/Joakim
Old 02-11-2011, 17:57   #34

Boat: Beneteau 45
Send a message via Skype™ to cloverbay

Hi there. Don't go to Trinidad. The pirates/thieves come up from Venezuela in their power boats when the opportunity arrives. My friend also has had his dinghy and outboard stolen in Cartagena. Go as far south as Grenada if you want to explore south of BVI. Then head west. ABC's then San Blas Is. as safe stops. I've done the trip. If you are going to leave now, which I have done, then go directly south west to clear the hurricane belt once you have a clear weather forecast and nothing is brewing in The Atlantic. Contact me if you want more info from a fellow anzac. Beneteau 393, good boat. Regards, Roger.
Old 18-11-2011, 09:59   #35

If you are still looking for crew I may be the guy. I spent the last three years on charters in and around the BVI's. I skipper, cook, and have a musical background. Just delivered a 50ft. cat. to the UK this summer. It's time to get back to warmer waters. Please let me know if you ar still interested. Updated CV. and references available upon request

Tags
yacht, bvi, British Virgin Islands