Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 18:06   #1

Canadian Available to Crew

Hello,

I'm a Canadian woman looking to crew. I'm looking for something long-term and would love to get some bluewater experience. I have completed my CYA Basic Cruising and am certified as a Day Skipper. Over the summer I lived on my Catalina 27 and sailed Lake Ontario. Officially, I've been sailing for 3yrs. That said, I still have a lot to learn. I'm open to cost-sharing or paid positions. I'm located in Toronto, Canada but I can be available to cast off anywhere on the East Coast of North America.

Please PM me, if you're interested.

Thanks,

Sara
Old 03-12-2014, 09:21   #2

Re: Canadian Available to Crew

Hi Sara, are you in the Etobicoke area?
Old 04-12-2014, 05:42   #3

Hi Sara,
After spending five minutes on figuring out how to reply to your post.....My name is Jeff. I have a 40' Endeavour C.C. I keep the boat in Charleston and have a house here. I am considering renting out my house and moving onto the boat and at that point I would like to sail around the southeast coast. I am no more experienced than you. I have sailed the east coast ICW from SC to the northeast when I was young, with a friend and last winter sailed around the state of FL. with someone else on their boat. This is my first boat but I want to start using it. And as I said, it would be mainly southeast US but I would also like to get it to the islands. The boat is in good shape. Go to yacht world and look at any Endeavour 40 and you will get an idea of "Patience". My regular email is chefjeff0556@gmail.com I am a widower, 58, and need someone to help me with day to day sailing. Your financial responsibility would be to split food, marina fees. I would handle all boat related maintenance costs. So you would have to have a small income. I am a retired chef for a large company in Atlanta.
I look forward to hearing from you. Please respond to my regular email and then I can send you pictures of the boat, me, etc.
Thanks,
Jeff
Old 18-12-2014, 08:06   #4

My PM is not getting through to you. I am late leaving this year (still in Wasaga Beach) but will be going to Florida right after the new year to do maintanance on the boat which has been blocked on the hard in the marina. I am determined to go sailing a month later in Southern waters. Send me an e-mail at a6var@aol.com if you are interested in the possibilities of sailing together. Tnx-John V.
Old 18-12-2014, 11:06   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Hunter 36-80-82 Wanderer

Hi Sarah,I`m currently in Cancun ,Mexico , heading south to no certain destination,left Halifax in june solo . looking for a companion
Old 05-01-2015, 20:12   #6

Hi Sara. I,m not too far away. Port Dover Ontario. I am planning on a world cruise in 2016 and am looking for potential crew members for the trip. Lots of planning and learning to do before then. Email me at ajconstruction@kwic.com for more info. Thanks Andy

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
crew