Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-10-2013, 01:09   #1

Canary Islands in November

Training opportunity for fresh sailing crew.
We are doing a roundtrip at the Islands: Gran Canary, Tenerife, la Gomera and others. Cabin available at our 50 foot Beneteau.
An extra pair of hands is welcome! For 1-4 weeks.
Old 19-10-2013, 15:23   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Navegante1105
Re: Canary Islands in November

Hi, I live in Gran Canaria,in the marina of Pasito Blanco(south of the island). You are welcome if You pass by.
Regards, Agustín.
Old 20-10-2013, 00:44   #3

Hi,
Yes, we would like to! Maybe we can do some sailing together! We will be in the area a few days in the period Nov 6-10 before crossing to Tenerife.
By the way: we plan to take the boat out for cleaning of the hull and antifueling. Is there a place you can recommend?

Torill
Old 20-10-2013, 11:18   #4

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Navegante1105

HI,Torill: Where are You now? Depending in how You reach the Canaries and your plans to stay in each island, Lanzarote is a good place if You want to take the boat out for cleaning and antifouling, or if You wait till You arrive to Gran Canaria, Pasito Blanco is ok for those purposes.
If You write Me to my email adress, navegante1105 at gmail dot com, we can talk more in detail.
Regards, Agustín.
Old 21-10-2013, 06:27   #5

Boat: Boatless :(

Hey Rainbowlady,
I'd love to join you guys! I'm currently in Sweden but I'm fairly mobile... I would be available for a few weeks at least. My experience is on my profile. What were you thinking for contribution/travel etc? my email is roadster_32 at hotmail dot com, i'd love to chat with you about it cheers
Old 21-10-2013, 07:25   #6

Boat: a sailing boat

Pasito Blanco has very good haul out facilities, dry-stand, etc. It is a good place to do all bottom jobs there. They have mechanics and other skilled workmanship there too.

At times, there can be some wash in the travelift bay that is located (too) close to marina entrance BUT the travelift operator and crew deal with it in a professional manner and we never suffered any damage.

They have a good website too and respond to emails and calls. I would pre-book, especially during ARC time.

Very recommended.

b.
canary islands
Old 04-11-2013, 11:22   #7

Hi I am trying to plan a crew share in the canary islands - flying out round about 14th this month - (pretty spontaneous . Did a comp crew course years ago in Oz and since then been lucky enough to get a few really good crew share trips all over the world. I enjoy mellow cruising, good company and clean like manic molley maid whilst aboard:-)
look forward to hearing from you with more details

thanks

denise
Old 08-11-2013, 17:19   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to stxflyer

Are you still looking?

Just completed a Crete-Gib delivery. Looking to build more experience. Then buy a boat.

RYA Day skipper (T & P).

Spain mobile 34 655 541 989.
Old 13-11-2013, 13:11   #9

Hi Torill,

I hope you're enjoying your cruise! Are you still looking for any further crew or are you covered now for the rest of your trip?

I recently arrived in the Canary Islands and will be here until December. I'm interested in the possibility of joining you if you still have opportunities (even short ones!) so I just sent you an email and PM...

Fair winds,
OJ
Old 17-11-2013, 15:11   #10

Hi!
Right now we are at La Palma, planning to see la Gomera, El Hiero and return to Tenerife Nov 26. If you are interested, you can join us sailing around at Tenerife and Gran Canary last week of November and/or first week of December. There will be a fee for the cabin and share cost. I hope to be within reach of internet tomorrow afternoon. Or use a message at my phone: +47 95972035. Looking forward to hearing from you :-)
Torill at Rainbow Lady
Old 17-11-2013, 15:12   #11

Hi!
Right now we are at La Palma, planning to see la Gomera, El Hiero and return to Tenerife Nov 26. If you are interested, you can join us sailing around at Tenerife and Gran Canary last week of November and/or first week of December. There will be a fee for the cabin and share cost. I hope to be within reach of internet tomorrow afternoon. Or use a message at my phone: +47 95972035. Looking forward to hearing from you :-)
Torill at Rainbow Lady
Old 17-11-2013, 15:14   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzzzzzz View Post
Hi I am trying to plan a crew share in the canary islands - flying out round about 14th this month - (pretty spontaneous . Did a comp crew course years ago in Oz and since then been lucky enough to get a few really good crew share trips all over the world. I enjoy mellow cruising, good company and clean like manic molley maid whilst aboard:-)
look forward to hearing from you with more details

thanks

denise
Hi!
Torill at Rainbow Lady
Old 17-11-2013, 15:16   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Pasito Blanco has very good haul out facilities, dry-stand, etc. It is a good place to do all bottom jobs there. They have mechanics and other skilled workmanship there too.

At times, there can be some wash in the travelift bay that is located (too) close to marina entrance BUT the travelift operator and crew deal with it in a professional manner and we never suffered any damage.

They have a good website too and respond to emails and calls. I would pre-book, especially during ARC time.

Very recommended.

b.
canary islands
We just did a houl out at Pasito Blanco - very good and friendly service - I can really recomend it to anyone!
Old 23-11-2013, 09:48   #14

Hi there,

Myself and my partner are currently in Las Palmas and wondering if you are still seeking crew, and for how long you are planning on cruising around the Canaries.

Regards

Jessie and Leif
Old 24-11-2013, 23:42   #15

Hi there!
Just preparing departure from El Hierro to go to Tenerife. Some crew are leaving on Tuesday, so there is a cabin available if you are interested :-) The easiest way to contact me is by SMS +47 95972035, or email tmeistad(a)gmail dot com