Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-01-2010, 14:53   #1

Location: I am currently in Baja sailing out of the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) base in coyote bay near Mulege but spend my time teaching leadership through climbing and mountaineering courses
Smile Caribbean

hello there!

I have two months off and am looking for a sailboat in the caribbean to crew on!

I have been sailing in Baja on 24 foot open cockpit Drascombs and various flavors of Laser for the past few months and am excited to now sail in the caribbean.

In the real world I just got my teaching credential in california and as the job market looked grim I decided that teaching leadership by running month-long climbing, mountaineering and backpacking expeditions for the National Outdoor Leadership School would be more fulfilling. four expeditions later I found myself with a delicious chunk of time off to work hard, play and refine my sailing in Baja.

I now have until late march to find a worthy destination, boat and gaggle of good folks to sail with, if that sounds like you please get in touch!!

Seth
Old 14-01-2010, 19:59   #2

Boat: Radford 40
Hi Seth

I just finished having some NOLS folks onboard from the trip from Venezuala to Grenadines, Jaret Slipp and Karine Genest, both from the Yukon.

I am not certain what my plans will be in March, looks like I will probably be leaving Puerto Rico for Barbados, with stops along the way, and then making for Suriname.

I do this on a shared expense basis, $15 USD per day, If that fits into your plans, give me a shout back,

Regards

Tom Hildebrandt S/V Juno
Old 14-01-2010, 20:23   #3

Location: I am currently in Baja sailing out of the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) base in coyote bay near Mulege but spend my time teaching leadership through climbing and mountaineering courses
thats a wonderful coincidence, I've once heard it said that NOLS folks are everywhere-in this case it's actually true.

will you be sailing anywhere before march?
Old 14-01-2010, 20:32   #4

Boat: Radford 40
I have Rob Horne and his wife (also from the Yukon and former NOLS guy, both mid thirties) coming Saturday for two weeks here in the Grenadines, then possibly a couple (alos from the Yukon, friends of Rob) in their fifties possibly coming in February for three weeks travelling from the Grenadines to Puerto Rico, after that I am open,

If you want to chat more my email is tomonjuno@yahoo.com

Tom
Old 12-02-2010, 03:15   #5

march 2010 we have a 42' beneteau leaving from st thomas to jamaica to cuba then miami... interested? we need two crew. craigtstudio@gmail.com

Tags
Caribbean, crew