Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-08-2013, 12:46   #1
Marine Service Provider

Caribbean Cruise On A Cat, Nov '13 - July ' 14

Another Caribbean cruising season in the windward and leeward islands, Grenada to St Martin, is about to begin. I am a 65 yo American , both my boat, a 38 foot catamaran, and I have circumnavigated, together as I recall. I am offering spaces of one to four weeks for expense sharing crew, it is cheap but not free, singles or a couple, for this season, December 2013 to July 2014. I put only one person per cabin, unless you are a couple...

The season will be broken into eight two week segments of island hopping, each separated by a couple of weeks of cruising that island and land touring......

This is a cruising boat, you do not need to know how to sail, you will be shown how to do anything you will be asked to do and you can learn all you wish. We have lots of time to explore the islands and the warm water around them. Contact me for more information.
Old 25-08-2013, 16:46   #2

Re: Caribbean Cruise On A Cat, Nov '13 - July ' 14

I am very interested in joining you for share labor and laughs. I do not have experience sailing any boat larger than a catamaran, but learned about winds sailboarding and hang gliding. Most importantly however, I am a resourceful cook having learned to cook almost anything with limited resources and it usually turns out well (at least the bears liked it!) I learned that skill as part of my duties as a whitewater river guide on multi day trips. Could you let me know how I might formally apply for a spot? Could you also let me know an estimate of costs on board? Thank you, Robin
Old 25-08-2013, 19:04   #3

Boat: Searay, runabout, 21'

Your voyage sounds great. I would enjoy learning more about sailing from an experienced sailor like yourself. And having time to sail and explore the islands is a great introduction to ocean sailing. I'm comfortable around water and boating but have not had the opportunity to try the live aboard lifestyle. Can you send me more information about your trip. If possible I would like to join you for about a week. My schedule is flexible from now thru November or after the first of the year. Can you tell approximate cost for a week and if possible the location during that time period. Please e-mail me at abwhitley@carolina.rr.com or call 704 791 2710.
Thank you,
Bobby
Old 25-08-2013, 23:13   #4

Location: Where ever I lay my head is my home. Currently home is in Puerto Cayo, Ecuador

Hi there world cruiser. I am a retired Australian traveller looking to get some more cruising experience while investigating and touring your neck of the woods. I am presently in Canada visiting my cruising buddies that I met, either in The Sea of Cortez, or over on the Pacific coast of Mexico, while crewing on a 36 ft. Freeport called Free Spirit for 10 months.

I leave here to do a road trip in Utah in Sept., as it goes, with my old captain and another friend, followed by a cruise down to New Orleans from L.A. that gets me in to N.O. on the 13th Oct. My plan being to travel overland through Louisiana and Alabama on the way to Florida to try to pick up a crewing position for this season, and head off into the wild blue yonder again.

I have looked at airfares from Miami into Grenada and they are affordable, so would like to find out if there is still a cabin to spare. If so, some more about your cat and the legs that are available and of course, guesstamates on costs.

Haven't had a sail since June when I was on Farfetched a 39 ft. Benatau in The Yasawas in Fiji for a couple of weeks. A trip I was offered while back home to visit Australia for a few months. Well except for a day sail while here in Maple Bay. Itching to get back on the water and pick up some more sailing adventures and experience.

I am a newbie still, but excited about opportunities to learn more from experienced people and share some more of this amazing trip called life.

Kind Regards
Cheryl
Old 26-08-2013, 02:28   #5

Hey world cruiser your add sounds good. I've got basic sailing experience & I've just retired and am looking to see new places and make friends and acquaintances. Could you send specifics regarding dates available, estimated costs, vessel make etc.
Old 27-08-2013, 11:44   #6

sounds great !
Old 27-08-2013, 14:15   #7
Marine Service Provider

Hey Scott,
No message yet, check the address and send again. brucea1997 at yahoo with a dot and com.
Bruce
Old 27-08-2013, 14:44   #8

its been sent try sending 2 me scott_bigs@yahoo.co.uk

thanks
Old 27-08-2013, 15:28   #9

HI. l AM A BRAZILIAN MARINE AND SAILOR 20 YRS EXPERIENCE, NOW I AM BASED IN ISLA MARGARITA, VENEZUELA LOOKING FOR A BOAT TO GO ON. I AM INTERESTED TO WORK OUT ON THIS TRIP. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO ABOUT IT.
MY REGARDS

SERGIO
Old 27-08-2013, 15:58   #10

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

What 38' Cat?
Old 27-08-2013, 16:37   #11
Marine Service Provider

It is a Kennex, French built these between 1987-97, mine is a '94
Old 06-09-2013, 07:32   #12
Marine Service Provider

6 Sept update, I am filled for the season, thank you for the interest.
Bruce
Old 19-09-2013, 18:33   #13
Marine Service Provider

One more time.
It appears I have one spot left to fill, Puerto La Cruz Venezuela to Grenada, leaving anytime after 6 Nov, stop at Blanquilla for a couple days, then 150 miles straight east to Grenada, or as sailboat travel, tacking. Let me know if you are interested and I will send all of the information.
Old 03-10-2013, 18:41   #14

Hello

We are a professional couple that enjoys the cruising life. Last year we sailed from st Lucia to panama and would enjoy exploring more islands.

Contact us at mrmrssmith1962@gmail.com

Thanks Shawn/ becca
Old 04-10-2013, 17:47   #15

Boat: 1935 33' Falmouth Cutter

Hi Bruce-
I am available for the Venezuela-Grenada leg. Kindly reply to mercf@vt.edu with if it is still open, or confirm if it has been filled.

Tags
Caribbean, cruise, paracelle, rib