Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 08:55   #1

Boat: in market for Catamaran
Catamaran Crew Available May 2009 and forward

After April 2008, should anyone want a volunteer (plus pay his weight) crew member -- for a catamaran -- who can get himself anywhere, worldwide, on his own dime and generally support himself financially, and can get there on a flexible schedule / short notice - please count me in.

I'm, btw, also looking for anyone with a catamaran who can teach ASA 108 - Offshore Passage Making (anytime after April 2009) ... I can pay

What I'm looking for is experience on catamaran's. Either in helping delivery or with real cruisers who need an extra hand - especially for ocean passages.

By May 2009, I will have ASA certs in:
Basic Keelboat ; Coastal Cruising ; Bareboat Chartering; Coastal Navigation; Advanced Coastal Cruising; Celestial Navigation; New York State Safe Boating Certificate; Ham Radio License; SCUBA I & II....

I'm leaving the working world at the end of April 2009 (when my contract is up), plan to buy a catamaran for myself over summer, and start a circumnavigation next Fall.

My main goal is to get seat time and experience before I get my own cat.

Also, general advice is welcome - e.g. books/courses/seminars I should consider (e.g. Coastguard 100 ton License ? / EMT training / basket weaving ?) ; psychiatrist to consult about this wacky idea ; people with prior experience/similar goals ; recommended gear to buy etc...

Personal data- male, healthy, aged 37 years, comfortable with both mechanical and technical things
Old 11-11-2008, 12:56   #2
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
WELCOME,

It sounds like the world is your oyster, and at a young age too.....CONGRADULATIONS....I am envious....lololololol

Once you cross over to the dark side of multis. You will either leave immediatley, or you're in for life!.....BEST WISHES in finding some experience, and finding a boat to serve you well..........i2f

Tags
catamaran, crew available