Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-11-2013, 10:02   #1

Boat: Punch 1010 36ft
Catamaran cruising the Med.2014

I am a Fountaine Pajot Lavezzi 40ft, and me and my skipper are planning to cruise
the Med . Starting from Marseille we will be visiting Corse, Italy, Malta, Greece,
and more , slowly making our way back to spain to end up in Tenerife around
oct/nov. to prepare another crossing towards the Caribean.
There are 3 double cabins for visiting crew, you can be alone, a couple or a group.
No sailing skill is necessairy but a willingness to learn is a pro, as well as cooking skills
as we will be eating together all along the trip.
You can join the boat for shorter or longer legs, you will have to pay towards food
and some of the running costs of the boat, (approx.40/50E/day)
Dates and Legs are not yet known, but if your are intrested
send me a mail with your dates and expectations,
fair wind
Old 18-11-2013, 11:15   #2

Re: Catamaran cruising the Med.2014

Hello, I'm a beginner sailor. I can come along for about 1-2 weeks anytime you set sail.
Old 18-11-2013, 11:39   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanj View Post
Hello, I'm a beginner sailor. I can come along for about 1-2 weeks anytime you set sail.
You are welcome to join us , if you would send us a personal mail with some more details
of yourself and the date you would like to join we will contact you then.
Thanks
Old 24-11-2013, 13:41   #4

Hi,

My name is Chris and I could go along for a fair portion of your trip depending on when you start. What is your email and I will get in touch with more details?

Cheers,
Chris
Old 25-11-2013, 00:42   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrldsrfr View Post
Hi,

My name is Chris and I could go along for a fair portion of your trip depending on when you start. What is your email and I will get in touch with more details?

Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris try write me a personal mail, somewhere in here,
somewhat more secure!
Old 25-11-2013, 02:52   #6

Boat: Lidgard 50ft performance cat/ Canados50s
Send a message via Skype™ to beneteau-500

your having a laugh 40/50 euros a day for food and running costs if any one pays that amount they have got water on the brain i look at it this way when any one needs money to help with the running costs of a boat they own then they shouldn't own one just my view
Old 25-11-2013, 04:01   #7

You are absolutely right Beneteau-500, but when you are cruising you might not always
find the cheapest shops right next to the harbor, or when you drop of people in places like
Barcelona, nice to visit, where a mooring costs 80e/day, or the simple immigration fees in
the Bahamas; 300$ per boat, when I need to fly home a simple hotel room costs more then 50e!
If I would take a mooring in Naxos, could I buy a new Swan as well? sorry about that last one
but let people decide for themselves, a week with the RYA costs 800e, I think you will be
more comfortable with us, I suppose you are not coming, why did you look in the first place?
ps; it is -having water in the brain- not on!
Old 25-11-2013, 04:20   #8

as i said just my veiw on things as to what i can afford well when like me i set up my own buisness some 35 yrs ago and worked 100 + hrs a week and built up a fantastic client base and sell my business for a god amount. i only live with in my means and i understand that some people are on less budgets but thats why My View is as it is that you only live with in your means,

so if these guests of yours turn up and pay and something happens will your insurance cover them
Old 25-11-2013, 04:33   #9
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneteau-500 View Post
as i said just my veiw on things as to what i can afford well when like me i set up my own buisness some 35 yrs ago and worked 100 + hrs a week and built up a fantastic client base and sell my business for a god amount. i only live with in my means and i understand that some people are on less budgets but thats why My View is as it is that you only live with in your means,

so if these guests of yours turn up and pay and something happens will your insurance cover them
i don't think 40-50 euros is that unreasonable these days for livaboard cruises in the med,prices have gone up considerably in the last few years.

fuel is now nearing 2euros a liter in the med,and marina berths around 100 euro a night!

sharing your boat with other likeminded people is a great way to travel if you are a little bit gregariuos!

laforge is hardly freeloading off his crew,if anything it would be the crew freeloading if he charged less.
Old 25-11-2013, 04:42   #10

look your missing my point on this if laforge wants to charge 100 euros a head go and do it

But what happens when he has 6 guests on board paying 50 euros a day then does this means he has entered a commercial agreement does his insurance cover him in the advent something happens to one or more of the guests No is he breaking the terms of his insurance yes
Old 25-11-2013, 04:57   #11
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneteau-500 View Post
look your missing my point on this if laforge wants to charge 100 euros a head go and do it

But what happens when he has 6 guests on board paying 50 euros a day then does this means he has entered a commercial agreement does his insurance cover him in the advent something happens to one or more of the guests No is he breaking the terms of his insurance yes
as far as i know 3rd party insurance is the only type of insurance a private vessel needs to carry in the med.

boats need crew to be navigated safely,sharing expenses is a perfectly acceptable way for private vessels to offset the added cost of having crew on board,leading to fewer accidents,mainly caused by undermanned vessels,that in tern leads to lower premiums for those that have full insurance!

with a 65 ft swan you should encourage better safety and fewer accidents leading to lower premiums!
Old 25-11-2013, 05:26   #12

OK how loud do i have to f-ing and spell this out on here and for some one who has had dealings with Insurance companies over past 12 weeks and who has been privileged to see some interesting facts and shown what the insurance company call as fraud as some of you may be aware i lost my yacht three months ago the Insurance company have now completed there due diligence but the things i learned from the Loss Adjuster who is not only what you would call a insurance loss adjuster he is a fraud detective he is PI and so forth they went through me with a fine tooth and comb

They Knew of my postings on here and on other sites they even check how dirty my underpants where But one thing i did FIND OUT WAS THIS INSURANCE COMPANIES MONITOR SITES LIKE THIS TO SEE IF PEOPLE ARE OFFERING THERE BOAT FOR REWARD JUST LIKE LA FORGE IS WHICH IS IN BREACH OF THERE INSURANCE

the loss adjuster showed me of two cases where insurance was cancelled and where one of the yachts/owner has now been charged and i believe one of the yachts was a British yacht based at poros in Greece the other was a french boat in Croatia
Old 25-11-2013, 05:32   #13
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

you are assuming he has insurance,other than 3rd party!

as a private yacht he has no obligation to carry insurance if only sharing costs
Old 25-11-2013, 05:43   #14

it doesnt matter if has only got 3rd party insurance if a yacht owner is taking money weather it be to to cover running costs or what ever the Insurance companies Deem this to be a financial reward and commercial gain and also the yacht is operating with out having safety inspections etc IE the MGM 280 code and So do the Greeks and turks see it this way look at what Croatia they limited crew changes becuase people where chartering there boats
Old 25-11-2013, 05:49   #15
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

so what you are really saying it is about tax evasion more than safety

Tags
catamaran, cruising