Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 10:44   #1

Boat: Whitby 25
Chesapeake/Delmarva and beyond

I'm thinking about taking on crew for certain legs of a two-three week trip on my 1964 Whitby 25 (aka Continental 25) starting May 5th, leaving from Annapolis. I'd like to find one crew member for at least the Norfolk-Cape May leg of a Delmarva circumnavigation, also perhaps for Annapolis-Norfolk. The boat is rather spartan in equipment (no flushing toilet, low-powered OB motor) but sails well. I have a modicum of experience, including sailing my own sloops on the Chesapeake and crewing on a Mediterranean delivery. I prefer to sail rather than motor. I'm looking for crew primarily to be able to sail farther and not stop every night. Crew should be fit and be able to read charts and steer well.

I'm currently planning on doing a Delmarva circumnavigation, but am also considering making a run up to New York or even Martha's Vineyard, or just exploring the James and Potomac rivers, depending on weather conditions and whether I find crew.
Old 16-04-2012, 12:00   #2

Re: Chesapeake/Delmarva and beyond

Hello, I am interested, Are you still looking? j j m y l e s *@* l i v e *dot* *com*