Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 07:50   #46

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar
Re: clever, sweet girl from holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimea Cruiser View Post
Part B – Interim Disqualifying Offenses
Conviction for one of the following felonies is disqualifying if the applicant was convicted, pled guilty (including 'no contest'), or found not guilty by reason of insanity within 7 years of the date of the TWIC application; OR if the applicant was released from prison after conviction within 5 years of the date of the application. The applicant may apply for a waiver.

Unlawful possession, use, sale, manufacture, purchase, distribution, receipt, transfer, shipping, transporting, delivery, import, export of, or dealing in a firearm or other weapon. A firearm or other weapon includes, but is not limited to, firearms as defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(3) or 26 U.S.C. 5 845(a), or items contained on the U.S. Munitions Import List at 27 CFR 447.21.
Extortion.
Dishonesty, fraud, or misrepresentation, including identity fraud and money laundering where the money laundering is related to a crime described in Columns A or B. Welfare fraud and passing bad checks do not constitute dishonesty, fraud, or misrepresentation for purposes of this paragraph.
Bribery.
Smuggling.
Immigration violations.
Distribution of, possession with intent to distribute, or
importation of a controlled substance.
Arson.
Kidnapping or hostage taking.
Rape or aggravated sexual abuse.
Assault with intent to kill.
Robbery.
Fraudulent entry into a seaport as described in 18 U.S.C.
1036, or a comparable State law.
Violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt
Organizations Act, 18 U.S.C. 1961, et seq. , or a comparable State law, other than the violations listed in Part A, item 10
Conspiracy or attempt to commit felonies listed in Part B.

Of course they have to wait 5 to 7 years to clear, but they do not have a clean record.

Good luck with your future "clean" TWIC crew Teknav!
Fascinating... Murder is not listed!

Jim
Old 04-09-2013, 07:51   #47

Boat: Voyage Catamaran 50 ft

Welkom op de forum! Ik ben ook nieuwe hier en heb een sailor getrouwd een paar jaar geleden, maar je pakt het snel op hoor. Varen dat is dan he? Wees voorzichtig er zijn wel wat 'desperados' maar ook net zo veel hele goede mensen. Veel geluk en success.
L&N from Oz

Moderator edit:
Bing translation:
Welcome to the forum! I'm also new here and have a sailor married a few years ago, but you pick up on it quickly though. Boating that is then huh? Be careful there are some ' desperados' but also just as a lot of very good people. Good luck and success.
L&N from Oz

I have translated this for you, but please post in English on CF in the future

PS Desperados? Oh my!!! That's news to me. I had better be careful cruising
Seaworthy Lass
Old 04-09-2013, 08:14   #48

Boat: Colin Archer 36', steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
Fascinating... Murder is not listed!

Jim
Actually murder is under a permanent disqualification. I just listed temporary disqualifications.

Here are the permanent ones.

Part A – Permanent Disqualifying Offenses
Conviction for one of the following felonies is disqualifying regardless of when it occurred, and the applicant is not eligible for a waiver.

Espionage or conspiracy to commit espionage.
Sedition, or conspiracy to commit sedition.
Treason, or conspiracy to commit treason.
A federal crime of terrorism as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2332b(g), or comparable State law, or conspiracy to commit such crime.
Conviction for one of the following felonies is disqualifying regardless of when it occurred, and the applicant may apply for a waiver.

A crime involving a transportation security incident. A transportation security incident is a security incident resulting in a significant loss of life, environmental damage, transportation system disruption, or economic disruption in a particular area, as defined in 46 U.S.C. 70101. The term "economic disruption" does not include a work stoppage or other employee-related action not related to terrorism and resulting from an employer-employee dispute.
Improper transportation of a hazardous material under 49 U.S.C. 5124, or a State law that is comparable.
Unlawful possession, use, sale, distribution, manufacture, purchase, receipt, transfer, shipping, transporting, import, export, storage of, or dealing in an explosive or explosive device. An explosive or explosive device includes an explosive or explosive material as defined in 18 U.S.C. 232(5), 841(c) through 841(f), and 844(j); and a destructive device, as defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(4) and 26 U.S.C. 5845(f).
Murder.
Making any threat, or maliciously conveying false information knowing the same to be false, concerning the deliverance, placement, or detonation of an explosive or other lethal device in or against a place of public use, a state or government facility, a public transportations system, or an infrastructure facility.
Violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, 18 U.S.C. 1961, et seq., or a comparable State law, where one of the predicate acts found by a jury or admitted by the defendant, consists of one of the crimes listed in Column A.
Attempt to commit the crimes in Part A, items 1 - 4.
Conspiracy or attempt to commit the crimes in Part A, items 5 – 10.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:19   #49

Boat: Skookum 53'

What does any of this have to do with a sweet young lady from Holland?
Old 04-09-2013, 08:33   #50
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: clever, sweet girl from holland

Standard CF Drift to Google/Wiki and Gov sites for quotes and statistics....
All good though... helps Yenneka sort the 'Wheat from the Chaff'...

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds..
Old 04-09-2013, 08:33   #51
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain58sailin View Post
What does any of this have to do with a sweet young lady from Holland?
Boobies .
Old 04-09-2013, 08:49   #52

Nothing better than guys comparing the size of their knowledge of Govt. rules. It is a wonder you guys are still single.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:59   #53

Boat: Colin Archer 36', steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain58sailin View Post
Nothing better than guys comparing the size of their knowledge of Govt. rules. It is a wonder you guys are still single.
All in the interest and safety of a sweet, young Dutch girl! Did somebody say boobies? .

Actually my sweet, young Ukrainian wife would probably object to my even commenting on this thread. But who doesn't love boobies?
Old 04-09-2013, 09:13   #54

If you have seen one; you want to see them all.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:37   #55
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra

Quote:
All in the interest and safety of a sweet, young Dutch girl! Did somebody say boobies? .

Actually my sweet, young Ukrainian wife would probably object
Aye, all these sweet young things turn old and sour sooner or later and then everything you do is wrong.

I have a better idea: Take your best buddy, the guy you drink with, sail with and whom you can tell dirty jokes and fart with, take him to the hospital and give him a sex-change, then you marry him and sail into the sunset.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:40   #56

Boat: International Etchells USA 125 Black Magic, Santana 20 475 Ghost, Hobie 33 3100 Bruja, dinghies,

Our version of the English language contains a quaint phrase, "getting in Dutch" to refer to finding oneself in trouble or difficulties....

Re the TWIC, it would seem to be an uncommon document among recreational sailors; wouldn't those sailors who have a TWIC be more likely to be seeking paid crew positions, mostly on larger vessels? And, perhaps those sailors who are sufficiently plugged into the commercial system to have a TWIC would tend to have higher expectations for their safety, care, and feeding on board even smaller vessels.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:44   #57

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgscpat View Post
......And, perhaps those sailors who are sufficiently plugged into the commercial system to have a TWIC would tend to have higher expectations for their safety, care, and feeding on board even smaller vessels.
Standard of feed isn't an issue with Teknav - apparently fresh coconut icecream by the gallon is available daily .

PS It's enough to make a lassie think of jumping ship aircraft. Teknav I insist on all skippers I crew for carry a TWIC card. Do you have one?

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Old 04-09-2013, 10:14   #58

Location: Dreaming - through the bars to the Chesapeake... Land cabin: near Raleigh, North Carolina

She's 28 and likes Jeff Bridges? Ordinarily, I'd say "No way!" Generously, I'll consider changing my mind based on a thorough evaluation of the pic ...

You can PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:05   #59
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimea Cruiser View Post
Actually murder is under a permanent disqualification. I just listed temporary disqualifications.

Here are the permanent ones.

Part A – Permanent Disqualifying Offenses
Conviction for one of the following felonies is disqualifying regardless of when it occurred, and the applicant is not eligible for a waiver.

Espionage or conspiracy to commit espionage.
Sedition, or conspiracy to commit sedition.
Treason, or conspiracy to commit treason.
A federal crime of terrorism as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2332b(g), or comparable State law, or conspiracy to commit such crime.
Conviction for one of the following felonies is disqualifying regardless of when it occurred, and the applicant may apply for a waiver.

A crime involving a transportation security incident. A transportation security incident is a security incident resulting in a significant loss of life, environmental damage, transportation system disruption, or economic disruption in a particular area, as defined in 46 U.S.C. 70101. The term "economic disruption" does not include a work stoppage or other employee-related action not related to terrorism and resulting from an employer-employee dispute.
Improper transportation of a hazardous material under 49 U.S.C. 5124, or a State law that is comparable.
Unlawful possession, use, sale, distribution, manufacture, purchase, receipt, transfer, shipping, transporting, import, export, storage of, or dealing in an explosive or explosive device. An explosive or explosive device includes an explosive or explosive material as defined in 18 U.S.C. 232(5), 841(c) through 841(f), and 844(j); and a destructive device, as defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(4) and 26 U.S.C. 5845(f).
Murder.
Making any threat, or maliciously conveying false information knowing the same to be false, concerning the deliverance, placement, or detonation of an explosive or other lethal device in or against a place of public use, a state or government facility, a public transportations system, or an infrastructure facility.
Violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, 18 U.S.C. 1961, et seq., or a comparable State law, where one of the predicate acts found by a jury or admitted by the defendant, consists of one of the crimes listed in Column A.
Attempt to commit the crimes in Part A, items 1 - 4.
Conspiracy or attempt to commit the crimes in Part A, items 5 – 10.
I think Tecnav may have meant that if, someone had this card at least there is some simbalance(sp?) of a record check that has been done and that the person has been vetted(?) to a certian degree,whereas some one fresh out of prison for certian crimes would not have this card..I think thats what was meant..
Old 04-09-2013, 11:09   #60

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane

Hiya Lassie! LUV your sense of humor! I am not into commercial seamanship, however I do have a current TWIC card. In addition, I wouldn't have a Pharmacy board certification and license if there was something shady in my background. (DEA and State Licensing Pharmacy Board would have my chopped head on a platter, if I was messing around.) So, if I sail away with you or anyone else, I'm harmless!

As for those teasing me about my home-made coconut ice cream...I was in Guadeloupe - French Antilles, a few years back. There was a lady with her son, at the base of a volcano, making and selling coconut ice cream. I watched her for a while, then brought back to my hotel about a gallon. Since then, I got hooked on it. She would chop off the top of de-husked coconut, drain the milk then fill it with ice cream; no cones. If this is not part of heaven, I do not know what it is. Caveat: The more ice cream you eat...the more swimming, tread mill, bicycling time is needed! (Passed the lips...forever on the hips.) (Captain 58, Ocean and Tropics, among others...got your messages!...one day, will get to do a sailing party.)

As for the TWIC card...given a choice of picking a crew member...would you pick someone with one or someone without one; you decide!

Mauritz
Home churned coconut ice cream is Not for sale!

Tags
Holland, paracelle