Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 20:39   #1

Boat: Prout Escale 39
Come for the Winter in the Caribbean . . . Stay Warm

How does a nice winter in the Caribbean sound? Looking for a sailing buddy to cruise and enjoy the Eastern Caribbean islands on my Prout 39 catamaran.
Currently located in Grenada , I will be cruising all the islands up to the Virgins. We will take in the sights, snorkel, swim and oh yeah - sail, sail, sail.
I am a female, experienced Captain that would really appreciate a little help here and there. Pay your own expenses and enjoy a great adventure.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:15   #2

Re: Winter in the Caribbean and Keep Warm

Winter in the Caribbean sounds amazing! Would you be interested in having a young experienced couple aboard?
Old 11-10-2011, 13:31   #3

sent ya a pm
Old 11-10-2011, 18:57   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobound2 View Post
How does a nice winter in the Caribbean sound? Looking for a sailing buddy to cruise and enjoy the Eastern Caribbean islands on my Prout 39 catamaran.
Currently located in Grenada , I will be cruising all the islands up to the Virgins. We will take in the sights, snorkel, swim and oh yeah - sail, sail, sail.
I am a female, experienced Captain that would really appreciate a little help here and there. Pay your own expenses and enjoy a great adventure.
Hi i am Australian experienced sailor male 49 years old fit single.
Would be interested in hearing from you. Plan to be in the Caribbean Islands soon. Been sailing since childhood. Done many cruising miles.
Also have skills in marine electronics. Like winsurfing surfing and diving.
my email. cudmoremw@hotmail.com Matt
Old 14-10-2011, 19:07   #5

I'm not available for the entire winter. However, I could do a couple of weeks.
Old 15-10-2011, 03:43   #6

Thanks for reply but prefer longer
Good luck
Old 15-10-2011, 13:55   #7

Boat: contessa 35

Hi I am an Irish yacht owner with 8 winters experience sailing in the Caribbean + 4 transatlantics with my own boat. I am available from mid Dec for as long as you like though I could be more flexible if work allows.
Old 15-10-2011, 17:06   #8

Hey there

Ive been a deep water fisherman all my life with limited sailboat experience. I can offer extensive boat mechanical skills, boat maintenance, culinary, night watch, licensed diver. I can make a heck of a monkeys fist knot if ever needed lol. No time frame at the moment...
Old 24-10-2011, 16:26   #9

Bonjour from Quebec...looks like you are heading for a nice winter...I just finished my navigational working season on Lac Champlain, and normaly heading to Florida to renovate my condo within the next few weeks. I have a interesting and varied marine road map from hovercraft-hydrofoils-tugs-pax boats-fishing boats, with some sailing. If you don't find your touring partner..send me an e-mail...capdonald@hotmail.com....if I'm not working,I'll be looking to sail. good luck
Old 25-10-2011, 12:52   #10

Boat: Colvic, Sea Rover, 28', Albatross

Hello!

I took off last winter to sail the carribean in my own 27' old english sloop. I made it to key west, where my crew jumped ship and I stumbled into a job as a pizza cook for a few months. I then sailed around the tampa bay and did odd jobs and crew gigs for another few months. I got home 4 months ago, and started working as a chef again. I miss the sea.

About me:
I am 25. I grew up in the florida panhandle, racing lasers, catamarans and keel boats. I don't like to race though. I am an excellent cook, a decent seemster, good fisherman, and am mechanically inclined. I also really know how to sail. I will never force a jibe or miss-trim the sails. I'm extremely laid back, but I keep things clean. I paint, draw, write, and play a little guitar. Mild drinker, occasional smoker, good dancer.

I can send you refferences upon request

Thank you and have a great day
Maxwell M

gdftshirts@gmail.com
Old 27-10-2011, 21:46   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobound2 View Post
Hi,
I have been travelling South America since last Dec when my trip began in Buenos Aires. Like all the good things my trip is coming to its end asnd I thought it would be great to learn sailing and having a good time while helping out on a sailing boat in the Cribbean. I have no earlier experience but eager to learn! I like all kinds of adventures/ activities, have no problem with sharing expences as long as those are reasonable. Please contact me on lellsson@hotmail.com
/Joakim
Old 28-10-2011, 06:13   #12
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Come Winter in the Caribbean and Stay Warm

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, capdonald.

Old 14-11-2011, 12:11   #13

Hi,
My mini-CV is below:
Retired male Toronto Firefighter. Age 53.
CYA/ASA Intermediate Cruising 1992. 20 years coastal cruising. Healthy, fit, clean, neat, live and let-live positive attitude. Toronto, Canada-based.
Seeking 1-3 weeks unpaid crewing (especially off-shore) on late-model cruising catamarans.
Please email, osonofla at gmail dot com.

If you're still looking for crew, or have questions please contact me.

Thanks, Al
Old 14-11-2011, 12:15   #14

thanks for reply
Have crew

Tags
Caribbean, caribbean