Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2014, 07:42   #1

Boat: Twister 28
Send a message via AIM to davebythesea Send a message via Skype™ to davebythesea
Smile Cornwall/Devon/Isles of Scilly

Crew/companion for sailing this lovely little Twister based Falmouth. Can't bear to see her idle on her mooring in front of the house. We are sailing south early July, but otherwise free until then (except last week in May).

You should be: active, fun, intelligent, adventurous and, above all, love the sea and boats. Experience is good but not necessary if you are keen to learn. I have taught offshore sailing for many years, but now retired.

Contribution to food, fuel and moorings would be gratefully received, but not essential if you are an impecunious student seeking post-exam respite.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:20   #2

Re: Cornwall/Devon/Isles of Scilly

Hi, I was wondering if you are planning to sail for june im looking to get some experience for day skipper, would you be going for long trips?

Lizzie
Old 12-05-2014, 01:58   #3

Send a message via AIM to davebythesea Send a message via Skype™ to davebythesea

Hi Lizzie - I've messaged you. Yes, I have some days available to sail in June, but not enough to do a very long trip - say 1 week maximum. David
Old 13-05-2014, 09:42   #4

Hi David,

I'm interested in sailing with you. Please, could you contact me by PM, in order to provide you full details about me and my sailing experience?

Thank you.
Old 13-05-2014, 11:03   #5

This sounds incredible! If the position is still available I would greatly appreciate your consideration. I am an experienced sailor from New Orleans, Louisiana currently attending school in Santa Barbara, California. This sounds like a wonderful experience and I would love to join you! I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts, thank you.

Sincerely,
Adam Bernberg
Old 14-05-2014, 01:45   #6

Hi - I'm an awfully long way from you, alas .... but if ever you are over in England, please PM me.
Old 23-05-2014, 07:14   #7

I have limited experience,but would be happy to join you at any time this year.Have a 23 footer undergoing repair,desperate to get on water and go anywhere.
Old 23-05-2014, 08:28   #8

Hi there

Have some dates in June - a week or 10 days at most. I'm in Cornwall and contactable by email at davebythesea@aol.com. Please tell me more about yourself if you are still keen to come aboard.

David
Old 28-05-2014, 14:57   #9

Hello,
I am in the middle of studying Yacht Operations at University and have just gained my Day Skipper. I am working towards my Yachtmaster so would love to grab some experience on your yacht, I am free throughout the whole of the summer.
Cheers
Tim
Old 28-05-2014, 15:05   #10

Various things have happened which means that I am currently uncertain of my dates. In any case, I would not have more than a few days and I think it is a long way for you to come. You would be better with some more solid sea time, I think. David