Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2015, 12:04   #1

Thumbs up Crew and Partners Wanted

Hello from Buenos Aires everyone,

Im searching for crew and partners to join me in acquiring a 50 to 110 foot vessel, trawler,yacht or sail, to run between Buenos Aires, Argentina and Florida, USA as well as points in between up to twice a year. There is a growing market for people wanting to travel in comfort and move their belongings that the airlines and fedex cant handle. We will also offer language immersion on the cruise. Im looking at several vessels for sale in the US where the best deals are. I already have our first client ready to go. I plan on flagging the vessel in New Zealand and partners will hold a director´s position in the LLC. Crew can participate in the endevour via sweat equity while building up their hours. Suggestions welcome !
Old 20-10-2015, 13:08   #2

Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

Wow...sounds like much more of an adventure than Princess or Carnival! I'd like to learn more. Do you have a website by chance?
Old 20-10-2015, 13:22   #3

Quote:
There is a growing market for people wanting to travel in comfort and move their belongings that the airlines and fedex cant handle.
And this is why you are interested in a 37' Hunter? http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-a-153671.html

To be fair you seem to be interested also in a 49' Bene
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-a-153968.html

But I am pretty sure both are not suitable to move belongings that airlines and FedEx can't handle (because both can handle much - ok maybe no 'forbidden stuff').

No real pun intended,

Good luck!

Carsten
Old 20-10-2015, 14:30   #4
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarstenWL View Post
And this is why you are interested in a 37' Hunter? http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-a-153671.html

But I am pretty sure both are not suitable to move belongings that airlines and FedEx can't handle (because both can handle much - ok maybe no 'forbidden stuff').

No real pun intended,

Good luck!

Carsten
Only thing I'm aware of that comes from Argentina is Corned Beef..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 21-10-2015, 03:42   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarstenWL View Post

No real pun intended,

Good luck!

Carsten
The sailboats are a personal interest, not commercial.
Old 21-10-2015, 03:49   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex0404 View Post
Wow...sounds like much more of an adventure than Princess or Carnival! I'd like to learn more. Do you have a website by chance?
I dont have a dedicated web site for this yet because we dont even have a boat ! but of course I and my company do have web sites. If we get a suitable vessel then of course it will get its own URL...then again, it may be better to operate the service by personal referral only. Ive worked in e commerce for years and frankly its not efficient, attracts all the wrong people.
Old 21-10-2015, 07:47   #7

you are moving commerce. you can't take people, money and possession and move them internationally without certain certifications and inspections

its illegal under US law

better check with the USCG and customs before you buy the boat
Old 21-10-2015, 08:19   #8

Boat: lancer 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSBeagle View Post
Hello from Buenos Aires everyone,

Im searching for crew and partners to join me in acquiring a 50 to 110 foot vessel, trawler,yacht or sail, to run between Buenos Aires, Argentina and Florida, USA as well as points in between up to twice a year. There is a growing market for people wanting to travel in comfort and move their belongings that the airlines and fedex cant handle. We will also offer language immersion on the cruise. Im looking at several vessels for sale in the US where the best deals are. I already have our first client ready to go. I plan on flagging the vessel in New Zealand and partners will hold a director´s position in the LLC. Crew can participate in the endevour via sweat equity while building up their hours. Suggestions welcome !
huh? did you really mention the words, "50 to 110 foot vessel, trawler,yacht or sail, to run between Buenos Aires, Argentina and Florida, USA" and the term, "people wanting to travel in comfort and move their belongings" in the same paragraph???
Old 21-10-2015, 09:29   #9

Boat: Brewer designed Pacific 43 in fiberglass. Center cockpit set up for long-distance single handing.

Not meaning to sound too critical but
this is a really dumb idea born of a complete ignorance of the geographic, political, meteorlogical, economic and competitive realities of the day.

Unless that is, you are carrying passengers that couldn't travel by any other means like when the Nazis sailed to Argentina in the 40s.

Ahh now I get it... Give them full emersion Yankee English on the way so they fit in on arrival.
Old 21-10-2015, 09:29   #10

gotta agree with jr, a 50 ft trawler [even stabilized] won't fit the description of 'comfortable' --cpt steve
Old 21-10-2015, 09:35   #11

Boat: Looking for my next boat!

There was a local here named Wayne sailing out of the inner harbour marina who did the same thing a few years back with his custom 70' steel sailboat. Twice a year to the Caribbean and back. Great guy, very friendly. He's in jail now...for a long, long time. His boat was confiscated and sold at auction. All his possessions, bank accounts, assets, all confiscated.
Old 21-10-2015, 09:39   #12

Boat: Brewer designed Pacific 43 in fiberglass. Center cockpit set up for long-distance single handing.
URe: Crew and Partners Wanted

You have your first passenger already? Would that be El Chapo Guzman by any chance? If so we're talken the really big bucks. I'm in.
Old 21-10-2015, 09:41   #13

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Is anyone taking this serious?
Old 21-10-2015, 09:51   #14

Boat: 2ft wide dreaming chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
Is anyone taking this serious?
not even if i was desperate.
and if i were, i'd get an assignment from the DEA first, just to cover my behind ,)

edit: thinking about it..
nah, this even sounds to surreal for a honeypot operation.
Old 21-10-2015, 10:00   #15

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsays View Post
not even if i was desperate.
and if i were, i'd get an assignment from the DEA first, just to cover my behind ,)

edit: thinking about it..
nah, this even sounds to surreal for a honeypot operation.
Now that's an interesting take. Return on investment and size is based on 2.2 lbs..

Tags
crew, wanted