Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2013, 06:36   #1

Crew Avail: Fall 2013 UK/ West Med Cruising and/ or Transat

Hello!

My name is Bryant. I am looking to crew on sailing vessels this fall in the UK/ Western Europe and possibly a trans Atlantic crossing. I'll be visiting friends in the UK beginning in late August, and I am subsequently hoping to do some travel by boat. Ideally, I would like to join a transat crew to the Caribbean before returning home to Florida.

I am currently a US Coast Guard 50 Ton Master Captain with extensive experience. I have professionally run a variety of power dive boats up to 50 feet over the last 5 years. I also worked on a 90 foot live-aboard trawler operating in blue water for 6 months. As a sailor, I have been sailing dinghies for over 15 years, and spent the last two summers in the BVI captaining 46 foot Leopard sail cats, and teaching sailing. I am hoping to build water sailing">blue water sailing experience this fall, which I will use along with current experience to upgrade my tonnage, and obtain an offshore or oceans rating.

I am a capable sailor, well versed in vessel systems and maintenance, navigation, keeping watch etc. I am also not afraid of dirty work! Additionally I am a PADI IDC Staff Instructor with 3+ years experience and a qualified first aid/CPR instructor. I hold a bachelors degree in environmental science, particularly focused on marine bio.

I am a healthy and athletic 25 year old. I am positive, flexible, a hard worker, quick learner, and extremely motivated. I am relatively quiet, not a big partier and get on well with a variety of personalities. Outside sailing and diving, I enjoy all manner of outdoor activities and athletics, photography and music.

Tags
crew, cruising