Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 12:37   #1

Crew Available: Looking to Crew on Anything in the Caribbean

Hello, my name is Dave i'm currently a college student at Southern Illinois University and looking to crew for anything but pref the Caribbean. I'm clean, not into drugs.. hell i don't even drink for that matter (not that i'm against having a few drinks with good company once in a while). I have no experience, but would like to learn and am willing to work. I'm loyal, responsible, good company and can pretty much take care of myself. I'm brand new to this and am just looking to get away from it all... Parents, work, traffic... life in general. Anyone willing to show a newbie the ropes i would be forever in your debt.
Old 18-06-2008, 05:04   #2

Boat: Morgan 45 'Fidelis'
Anyone get back to you on this?
Old 11-07-2008, 15:13   #3

Location: vancouver bc in summer, caribbean on boat in winter
Boat: benetau 43 sloop
interested

hi dave in 03 04 05 and o6 i have taken a college student io learn sailing and navigation on my beneteau 43 in the caribbean and it worked out great. Background as follow
if intersted pl email skipsalty@yahoo.com
43ft Benetau sloop,fully cruise equipped comfortable ,with 1 Senior captain exp 35000 bluewater miles,+ 1 exp cook/crew aboard , cruise Carib winter,start Nov 15/08 ,app finish May 09,
approx 2000 mile cruise , plan 15+ Isles 1.Trindad 2.Grenada 3.Carricou 4.Canouan 5.Tobago Cays,6.Bequia 7.St Vincent 8.St Lucia,9.Martinique, 10Saints.11. Guadelupe 12 Nevis
13. St Kitts 14.St Martin ,maybe Virgins and Puerto Rico ,depends on time left and wind
we would like 1 extra unpaid crew ,preferably 1 crew whole time,but maybe we can schedule different crews different months when avail. Enthusiastic,good-natured,sense humour, but definitely No alcoholics .No smokers,no drugs.
Ok light occasional drinker, (Some Experience welcome, but no experience ok if willing to learn), Pl state details,availability,email,phone, and exchange refs and jpg pict.
Pl email skipsalty@yahoo.com [/quote]
Old 17-10-2008, 14:45   #4

Bump

The position i was looking forward to fell through =/ so i'm still looking. I have taken a bit of lessons here at the University sailing club since I posted the original message, but i'm still by no means experienced. I'm looking for something from mid December of this year until about May'ish, or the summer? As stated previously, i don't drink/smoke/do drugs but i'm not against drinking once in a while with good company. I'm very easy to get along with, I can hold my own/take care of myself, and am a very reliable and loyal person. Anyone need crew this winter?? Shoot me a p.m. give me a chance, i won't dissapoint.

Dave

Tags
Caribbean