Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 20:51   #1

Boat: 21 ft sail boat
Crew Available to Barrier Reef

Hi,
I am retired male investigating sailing opportunities from now to near end of year cruising Great Barrier Reef departing somewhere east coast Australia. My sailing experience is building a small Hartly trailer sailer and local sailing around Mackay. Now I have a small Spacesailer planning solo trips from Perth. My working experience has been mechanical , commercial flying, and other interests. I am married but can get away a month or two. Don't drink or smoke or party and prefer mature company.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:11   #2

Re: Crew Available to Barrier Reef

Hi there. I will be sailing from Bundaberg to Townsville around the second to third week in April if the weather is good. Hopefully take a week to two weeks to get there weather depending and off course the number of dives and amount of snorkelling and kayaking etc. Own cabin available on a relatively comfortable 43 ft trimaran. Just completed 9500 nm last season across the pacific and now it's time to prep to go north. I need to be in Townsville on the ist of May. Share food and I will pay any fuel so see if you feel like some mile building. Possibly one other person may come along. PM me if you are interested and we can take it from there. Cheers B
Old 05-03-2013, 16:54   #3

Boat: 21 ft sail boat
Re: Crew Available to Barrier Reef

Hi Sea Wings,
I live in Perth and was hoping for a more detailed cruise around the reef going further North to make more use of a long flight getting to a departure location. Thanks for the offer, which I would gladly take up if I lived a few thousand miles closer.

Tags
crew