Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-11-2013, 11:23   #1

Crew/Captain Wanted - Charleston, SC to Nassau (Paid)

Hello.

I recently purchased a 54' 1983 Dewar. I need help sailing it from Charleston, SC to Nassau in the Bahamas, with me aboard. I am looking for teaching/coaching along the way to understand how to sail it. I am also looking for help and/or guidance with boat maintenance projects.

I am an able bodied 28 year old male. Boat has been worked on a decent amount recently and has no major functional issues and is completely sail worthy to the best of my understanding.

Will pay for all food, flight back from Bahamas and a negotiable salary per day. You are also welcome to take the price of the flight in cash and stay in the Bahamas if you wanted to.

You must be extremely knowledgeable with all respects to sailing: How-to, explaining, maintenance etc. I'm extremely easy to get along with and am looking for someone friendly as well.
Old 24-11-2013, 18:43   #2

Boat: Beneteau Idylle 13.5, C&C 31, and Windrider 16
Re: Crew/Captain Wanted - Charleston, SC to Nassau (Paid)

I just sent you a PM!
Old 25-11-2013, 06:34   #3

Hi there .I am a young very qualified and experienced sailor and have teaching status aswel I am in Bahamas already and knw the area .Very fun guy and will show u what sailing is all about and how fun everything is becoming a seafarer .Send me your email and If u want we can chat more .
Old 25-11-2013, 06:59   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, DewarDewar.

Old 25-11-2013, 07:30   #5

Boat: Bingham custom cutter rigged 35 loa 28 lod
Send a message via Skype™ to Dean Samuels

sent you a PM
Old 25-11-2013, 08:09   #6

Ty. Getting overwhelmed with pms and interest across sites.... lol. Will begin screening very soon.
Old 25-11-2013, 11:20   #7
Marine Service Provider

I am just back from delivering a 90ft schooner from Maine to Florida and ready to go again . I've a 100 ton license with a sailing endorsement, am an ASA sailing instructor , and at 50 years young , have 30years experience as a professional mariner . Feel free to PM or email me if you would like to discuss using my services. Contact info is available in my profile , Scott.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:43   #8

I've been under passage for a few days now with a crew and continue to receive several PMs. So unless anything changes I am ok for now wrt the op. Thanks for the offers.

I may be looking for one extremely qualified experienced non-smoking non-drinking university-educated hard-working individual that wants to crew for free to do the lifestyle etc in the area in the future (maybe starting in mid-January?) if someone fits that profile... so message me only under these circumstances please.

I'm unsure if I will want such a person yet since I don't know exactly where I will be by then but I would probably be leaving from either the Bahamas or Miami and island hopping my way to Cancun. Can't hurt to apply if you think you meet the bill and I am as serious about cruising as could be... I will be doing boat maintenance for the next month straight getting her into shape as I learn my way around the boat.

Cheers.
Old 05-12-2013, 13:47   #9

Boat: Sail any boats from 28 to 60 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewarDewar View Post
I may be looking for one extremely qualified experienced non-smoking non-drinking university-educated hard-working individual that wants to crew for free to do the lifestyle etc in the area in the future (maybe starting in mid-January?) if someone fits that profile... so message me only under these circumstances please.

Cheers.
I assume this is not a paying position (you pay the crew) as as the early position.
Old 05-12-2013, 14:12   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
I assume this is not a paying position (you pay the crew) as as the early position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewarDewar View Post
university-educated

crew for free
Please, reading comprehension.

I will have invested >150k into the boat and paying for all the boat expenses along the way and taking a rather scenic route with more experience under my belt and my brother on board (rather than just me as was the case earlier), which is more than enough to offer to the properly motivated candidate without needing to pay on top of that. If I didn't already own a boat I'd personally snap up an offer like this.

Again, the position is not guaranteed to be available but I'm just throwing it out there in case I'm interested when the time comes in ~45 days and someone else here is as well.

Thanks.
Old 29-12-2013, 15:48   #11

Hi I´m Captain on a passengership in Sweden but only working in summer between june to september. I´v been on several big sailingvessels as mate and rigmaster and also been delivery captain for Benneteau. I´, 65 years old and been at sea since 1964. mail me at hakansson.albert@telia.com if you are interested.
regards Albert
Old 29-12-2013, 16:38   #12

Hello. I only have two weeks of vacation from march 2nd-16th 2014. I'm interested in helping out to further my experience. If I can assist in part, or in whole, let me know. I'm low maintenance and easy to get along with. My email is oogles72@hotmail.com
-Gene

Tags
captain, crew, nassau, wanted