Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2015, 21:31   #1

Crew couple available for 2016 Australia (Cairns) to South Pacific island hop

Are you sailing from Australia (Cairns) to the South Pacific (island hopping to New Caledonia/Fiji/Tonga/Niue/(Tahiti)) in 2016 and would you like some company and crew? We are an active (35 & 45 yo), well traveled, adventurous but very easy going professional couple who absolutely love sailing and are on a mission to escape mediocrity! We would love to join you on your cat. We are a very capable, hands on, hard working, practical couple with sailing experience and an extreme appreciation for wildlife and natural beauty. We can help out with all jobs on board. We want to go on this adventure to get away from the crowds and for great unique photo opportunities.

We don't smoke/take drugs and are very light social drinkers. Love scuba diving/snorkeling. We can only be away for about 4 weeks and are happy to fly back from wherever we get to at that time. We'll pay for our own food expenses and happy to split running costs.

If you are in the area and would like to say hello to see if we're a good match, please drop us an anchor!

Best fishes from Australia, Fleur

p.s. open to any other itineraries from Cairns too (PNG, Philippines, Solomon Is)!
Old 29-09-2015, 19:18   #2

Boat: Catalina 42
Re: Crew couple available for 2016 Australia (Cairns) to South Pacific island hop

I'm afraid the reality is....you won't find many takers, certainly not sailing vessels!
Cairns to the islands is almost directly into the prevailing winds. From Brisbane and further south is possible but still most uncomfortable windward conditions.

I'm looking into it right now as I'd love to get back to enjoy Fiji again and a dear friend is there on her yacht. My plan is to get back up from Tassie to Sydney in early 2016 then decide where to go!

Best wishes.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 29-09-2015, 19:45   #3

Re: Crew couple available for 2016 Australia (Cairns) to South Pacific island hop

Thanks for your reply AmnesiaII. Sounds like a recipe for sea sickness. That's quite alright. We might have to aim for the reverse journey then! Grateful really for any opportunities.... Enjoy sailing up from Tas and thanks again for your message.
Old 02-10-2015, 15:52   #4

We are looking for crew from Noumea to Brisbane, ETD 30th October 2015. I am an experienced sailor (100,000+ Miles) and my partner has nearly two years on sailboats. We are both 50 years Young. Our boat is Misty Blue 50ft Gulfstar CSY Sloop. If you are interested check out and reply to our thread in Crew Wanted. Ian Wansbury and Yoli – SY Misty Blue
Old 03-10-2015, 20:21   #5

Boat: Gulfstar 68'

I will be leaving from Melbourne, up to Brisbane, New Caledonia/Fiji/Tonga/Niue/Tahiti etc and then on to Panama etc Mid 2016. Sailing 68' Gulfstar, (comfortable push button sailing for the most part) Boat sleeps 8, and will be looking for crew. Happy to share expenses etc.
Old 14-10-2015, 19:40   #6

Thanks for your reply Ian. Unfortunately we won't be able to make it at this time of year! Aiming for mid 2016. Thank you!
Old 14-10-2015, 19:58   #7

Hi James, how are you? Thanks for your message, sounds very interesting. Would love to hear more about you (sailing experience, background) and your plans for this trip (how many crew are you taking, planned stops, time frame etc). Do you have a blog or Facebook page?
Thanks!
Fleur

Tags
Australia, crew, south pacific