Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-06-2014, 21:40   #1

Crew Hand Available

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

Anyone out there who knows someone heading for Tortola from the Miami Area- or maybe you know someone in Tortola/BVI and need a deck hand for a few weeks or month.

I have worked in the outdoor world for over 30 years. Last year, I sold my outdoor shop on the Appalachian Trail, authored an award winning book and now it is time to turn the page and start a new chapter, follow new dreams and discover new people, new stories.

My experience is navigating forest, walking in torrential downpours for days on end, sleeping in sub zero temperatures for months at a time and forging for food under rocks and old tree stumps.

Why do I find myself on this sailing forum, looking to lend a hand into unfamiliar waters? Because, I believe in living life, following dreams and sometimes the best way to do that is to reach out beyond familiar. So here, I am.

I am not looking for a free ride, I want to earn my keep and am willing to share with some of the expenses. My hope is that there is someone out there who embraces life as I do, who enjoys silence as equally as intellectual conversation or philosophical bantering and is willing to share their knowledge of the sea and it’s surroundings.

If you know someone- please forward this note to them with my email. winslowtwirlsun@gmail.com . I am open to sail between July 1 and August 1, 2014. I am 6 hours north of West Palm Beach or I can fly to you in BVI. I realize the hesitation that one may have inviting a stranger on deck… but with my real name and a few keystrokes my history is well documented in magazines, books and media… but I would prefer to share this with boat captain.

Thank you for your help and understading.
Create a great day.

Tags
crew