Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2011, 20:08   #16

Boat: Looking
Re: Crew Member Needed from Florida - NZ

I have sincere interest, a little older than you guys but just had a 28 yr old mate in the BVI's who liked my style. Let me know more. brianmgarner @ hotmail.com
Sailed since 10 yrs old, sailed Lake Superior, sailed the Caribbean, wouldn't mind a real adventure, have time, money and the inclination.
Am in Florida now.
Brian
Old 25-04-2011, 09:49   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeMPuS View Post
Hey,

Sorry we only have room on the boat for one more person at this stage

All the best
What a pity
but, for your information, we will be Hiva Hoa early July,
available for you to taste some French cuisine, and serve as translators in french polynesia....
Aymeric
Old 25-04-2011, 20:54   #18

Boat: Catalina 25 Tall Rig

hey, if you're still looking...i might be available to crew.
I am 20 and my current semester in college is over in about 2 weeks. I could do the entire trip, I'm fairly certain.. I am an experienced sailor and have been sailing since before I can remember. I would love the adventure! I get along with most anyone and don't get seasick. My email is sailorasc@aim.com. I hope to hear from you. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:52   #19

Hi. I have over ten years daysailing experience on big water lake, Can go all the way to Ecuador with you. Would love the opportunity and adventure. Serious and ready.
email friendsmilyh (at) yahoo
Old 16-05-2011, 09:06   #20

Still looking for crew? I have extensive experience and can be reached at clintangelozzi@yahoo.com
Old 20-05-2011, 14:41   #21

Boat: Jeanneau 45DS Sun Odyssey-"EzkapA"
Re: Crew Member Needed from Florida to NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeMPuS View Post
Hi I have posted before but we are still looking for the 4th crew member to join us onboard. We are travelling from Floridas West Coast to New Zealand. The trip will take approximately 4 months. We do have some people who are keen to do sections, but if I can find someone that can do the whole trip that would be preferable.

A brief guide to our intended stops:
Bradenton, FL
Cancun, Mexico
Isla de Providencia, Colombia
Panama
Galapagos Islands
Hiva Oa, Marquesas
Fatu Hiva, Marquesas
Papeete, French Polynesia
Moorea, French Polynesia
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Aitutaki, Cook Islands
Alofi, Niue
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
Auckland, New Zealand
Lyttelton, New Zealand

The boat is a 44ft Kalik sloop. The boat is in the process of a big upgrade, we will have new 4 person offshore life raft, new watermaker, solar panels, wind gen, its got a new tender and outboard, two bathrooms, flat screen tv and the list is growing each day of what we are installing or replacing as needed. As for us, I am a plumber by trade, and the other two work in television. We are all pretty easy going and easy to get along and aged between 25 - 28.

This is a shared costs trip, i will be paying for everything I would have to pay for if I was on my own like diesel, boatbits, spares, marina fees. You pay your costs which means you pay your flights, food/drinks ashore, a share of food on board, and any clearance fees or customs obligations. All other expenses are taken care off. (Also if you have your own life jacket that would be awesome!)
I would consider going with you. I am a captain and live aboard my own 45ft sloop. Just came back from BVI to Palm Beach. Not that much experience with delivery but at least 100 times out on my own boat. Not working, no responsiblities, so I could go without any problems. I am 51 and retired physician. My number is 954-292-XXXX. Chery
Old 20-05-2011, 14:55   #22

Hi,
Name is John. may be interested if you still need crew, depending on when you are departing. Easy going. Knowledgable sailor. Can do entire trip.
Old 22-05-2011, 13:10   #23

Boat: Looking

Vessel and crew were not ready for this trip, they have abandoned the idea and dropped the vessel in Key West for shipment home.

Tags
crew, florida